Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Stuck in Meribel with an injured foot :(
  • alfabus
    Free Member

I’m out boarding in Meribel this week, but today I’m stuck in my room with a knackered foot.

Didn’t do it snowboarding – had a good day learning to jump in the park, then came back to the chalet for a jacuzzi – had a shower afterwards to rinse off, then managed to slip and nose dive out of the shower; luckily didn’t hit my head on the nearby radiator, but did smack my foot. Arch and heel are now swollen and black, and I can’t put any weight on it.

Bugger.

Can anyone better that for stupid injuries on a ski trip?

Dave

scaredypants

overdid the toenail clipping once – started to get an infected big toe

My mrs brought me some antibiotics when she came over for the 2nd week

didn’t miss any skiing but bloody hurt for a couple of days

TimP
    Free Member

Couple of mates wanted to have a sword fight with icicles. They got one off a building, but couldn’t reach the next one along from the ground. One mate threw a snow ball at it and knocked it off as the other looked up and got a 1m long icicle in the middle of the forehead knocking him out and needing 5 stitches. Very lucky it didnt go in his eye…

meribelmtb
    Free Member

Bugger. Sorry to hear that. I’d suggest you:

Get down to Evo, take a seat outside and have a Bad Boy Burger for lunch, then remain outside and drink mojitos. If you feel you are flagging go for an espresso martini as a pick me up.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Jumped off a snow bank on way home from bar and bust my foot many years ago. Knew it was sore but didn’t realise it was broken. Strapped my ski boots up extra tight and skied on it for another week. Went to hospital on return home (essentially to skive school cricket in my A level year) and ended up in plaster!!

Sorry to hear about the incident – heal quickly.

TH

nickf
    Free Member

Went skiing with a friend a few years back. He’d not been for a couple of years, wanted to have a very gentle run on a green to steady his nerves. He managed to fall backwards down the slope from 2mph, landing on his shoulder, breaking his shoulderblade. This was at 0850 on the first day, 10 minutes before the first lesson.

Awesome non-achievement.

alexxx
    Free Member

Go and see my ex girlfriend shes around there somewhere

alfabus
    Free Member

I’ve just got back from a very looooong lunch at a restaurant in meribel village.

caught the bus up to meet the others, and ended up sat in the baking sun drinking beers and eating pizza for a few hours.

It is so hot here! the slopes are full of people skiing and riding in t-shirts!

Dave

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Can anyone better that for stupid injuries on a ski trip?

Yep, a friend of mine went to the states, pulled into the carpark, got out of the car to buy his lift ticket and slipped on the ice, breaking his ankle before he’d even got his boots on!

bwoolymbr
    Free Member

At least he hadn’t already bought his lift ticket as that would’ve made it an even more costly accident!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

You can still ski 🙂

alfabus
    Free Member

I couldn’t ski before – it seems unlikely that hurting my foot will have changed that!

bruk

Go to ice hockey game. Go swimming. Drink large amounts beer and listen to some decent lives acts in après at Meribar. Can you rent sledge and go down the sledge run in Val?

My sister skived off work for a week to go skiing. Got my dad to ring in sick for her then broke her arm learning to board on day 3. Came home with a stookie and a great tan from a week off with chickenpox! Nobody at work said a thing.

nealglover
    Free Member

I’ve just got back from a very looooong lunch at a restaurant in meribel village.

That sounds like LDV ?

Balcony or Terrace ?

I prefer the Balcony for the view of the piste down to the village 8)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Stuck in Meribel with an injured foot :(’ is closed to new replies.