Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Stuck in Manchester how to get back to Scotland?
  • geoffj

Just found out my flight back to Edinburgh tonight is cancelled. I have an appointment at the hair dressers at 9:30 in the morning. I've rang the train company and they say there are trains running, bur they can't guarantee that the shuttle bus between Glasgow Central and Queen Street will be running WTF!!!!!!

Don't let me down STW – help!

crikey
    Free Member

Buy a bike in Manchester, use it to get a ticket to that Scotland, put yourself in the bike box, post the box to bilbao, ask for Keith.
    Easy.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I've just managed to get back from the pub in preparation for a cup of tea and a power nap. It was pretty touch and go and I thought I wasn't going to make it a couple of times!

ken_shields
    Free Member

get a **** cab between the stations 😯

freddyg
    Free Member

get a **** cab between the stations

Whoosh!!

ratherbeintobago

You do realise it's a 10-min walk between Central & Queen St (or at least Buchanan St underground, from where you can get a travelator to Queen St)? linky

Andy

(Glaswegian in exile)

robertgray05
    Free Member

Eh? It's a 3 minute jog between central and Queen st.

The train will be rammed, but you'll be fine.

robertgray05
    Free Member

Yeh wot he said.

geoffj

ratherbeintobago – Member
    You do realise it's a 10-min walk between Central & Queen St? linky
    Andy
    (Glaswegian in exile)
    POSTED 2 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST
    robertgray05 – Member
    Eh? It's a 3 minute jog between central and Queen st.
    The train will be rammed, but you'll be fine.
    POSTED 1 MINUTE AGO # REPORT-POST
    robertgray05 – Member
    Yeh wot he said.
    POSTED 55 SECONDS AGO # REPORT-POST

😯

freddyg
    Free Member

And again….. Whoosh 😆

Or would 'belm' be more appropriate?

(I got it geoff. 😉 )

druidh
    Free Member

Too clever for this place

Northwind

Hitch a lift on that drug-runner speedboat from the other thread.

pitduck
    Free Member

😆

fwb2006
    Free Member

What a hair dressers appointment, how come nobody else picked up on that, don't tell me, they're shaving your legs too!

billybob
    Free Member

Ok the first thing is don't panic.

Ensure you have some food & water. Don't forget to ration these as there might be no more food coming.

Next thing to do would be go to your bank, withdraw all the money you can & buy as much gold as you can afford. Gold will keep it's value when cash inevitably becomes worthless.

Barter some gold for a horse. Barter some more gold for horse riding lessons.

Use your horse to ride to Glasgow, when it becomes lame you can kill it & eat it. Or maybe kill a cow. They probably taste nicer. I can't recommend riding a cow I doubt it is as fast as a horse.

If you manage to ride through the night, you might, just might make it back in time for your hair appointment.

Northwind

billybob, do you have any advice for what to do when we inevitably have to turn to cannibalism? What's the best cut, any good recipes, etc.

iamsporticus
    Free Member

Apparently the first cut wont hurt at all
    Its the second that makes you wonder

888trojan888
    Free Member

The M6??

marsdenman
    Free Member

Apparently the first cut wont hurt at all
    Its the second that makes you wonder

Yeah, but the third will have you on your knees…

Anyways, back to the op – simples – ring your hairdresser and politely, but firmly, ask they change you're appoinment to 9.30 next Monday, as I doubt you'll be flying before then… there's been another hill fire above Marsden today – far greater impact on flights than that Icelandic dust… 😉

jon1973
    Free Member

I have an appointment at the hair dressers at 9:30 in the morning

You big girls blouse, buy some clippers.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

You do realise it's a 10-min walk between Central & Queen St

But it might be windy and muss his hair!

Maybe you could get someone to DHL a hairnet to Glasgow Central in case you need to walk (ooh hang on a minute, I've not inadvertently put my foot in it and said something offensive have I? It was a bit of an assumption on my part that you can actually walk?)

I don't really like the expression MTFU, but if EVER there was a time to use it, this could well be it.

Just as an aside, some friends of mine finished their holiday in Majorca on Thursday and found that they couldn't fly home, so they (and kids of 6 and 4) got a flight to the hearest place to the UK they could get on the mainland (Barcelona), hired a car, and drove for 13 hours straight in order to make the only ferry they could book (as foot passengers) that would get them back to the UK in time for work tomorrow. Once in the UK it was a simple job of getting a train and taxi home. They think it cost about a grand.

Think about that when you're making your 10 minute walk to victory.

sockpuppet

Hitch a lift on that drug-runner speedboat from the other thread.

i'm still intrigued/worried about that aircraft carrier request.

Bunnyhop

Wear your helmet to cover what's inevitably going to be a 'bad hair day'.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Stuck in Manchester how to get back to Scotland?’ is closed to new replies.