Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Stuck freehub body on spank oozy hubs any advice
  • lungman

As above I’m having a few probs removing the freehub of my spank oozy hubs, taken off cassette and looking spacer but freehub refuses to budge.help!

hypnotoad
    Free Member

I’m unfamiliar with that hub but I had a similar issue with a old Hope Bulb.

I eventually managed to carefully use flat blade screwdrivers on each side between the hub and freehub and prise them apart, without damaging the hub.

I’d be interested to hear any other more refined methods, maybe put an old cassette on and pull on the cassette to give you more leverage?

jairaj

I’ve not had to fiddle with my Spank Wheelset yet so can’t help you but I find the guys at Hotlines (uk distributor) and Spank are very helpful. Quick replies and seem knowledgeable about technical queries.

lungman

Thanks guys, emailed spank a few days ago no reply I’ll try hotlines or worse case scenario lbs

The-Duke

Try turning the freehub anti clockwise as you pull it towards you, should help to disengage the pawls.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Stuck freehub body on spank oozy hubs any advice’ is closed to new replies.