Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Stuck forks and Reverb
  • egb81
    Free Member

After a long period of not being used (about nine months), I started readying my MTB for use again. Annoyingly both the forks (X Fusion Slide) and Reverb have stuck at full extension. Is there a quick fix for this? I let all the air out of the fork and got some movement out of it but once pumped back up again it’s still stuck. Is it just a matter of repeating this until they move freely again?

dannyh
    Free Member

For the reverb you probably need to bleed the remote – you can find how to do this on Youtube. If that doesn’t work, you might need to ask around a bit more.

As for the fork – I don’t know about X fusion forks – has some sort of air seal dried out and allowed air to get into the lowers?

smatkins1
    Free Member

Might be worth flipping the bike upside down for a bit to get fluids moved around inside the fork. I’d be dropping the lowers off for a bit of tlc before riding. Would be a shame to cause any damage.

egb81
    Free Member

I’ll have a play with the forks tonight with the bike upside down. I’ve bled the Reverb before so that shouldn’t be a problem (assuming I can find the bleed kit). Cheers for the advice.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Stuck forks and Reverb’ is closed to new replies.