Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Stuck bushing
  • atlaz
    Free Member

I bought a new mount kit (inc bushing) for my Trance from TFTuned and after a bit of bodging managed to get the stuff taken apart. I have one fly in the ointment, the old bushing which looks to be metal seems to have got stuck nice and solidly in the shock. Any idea how I can shift it?

timraven

Ideally you need a socket to catch the bush and a drift (solid metal bar the fractionally smaller than the outside diameter of the bush). Put the shock in a vice, socket one side drift the other, and wind the vice shut. If it’s still stuck tap the tightened vice with a hammer, not too hard, this should ‘shock’ it loose.

Careful of bodging, it can prove more costly than getting a pro to do the job.

atlaz
    Free Member

Maybe I’ll pick it up and wander to the lbs then. I’ve tried tapping it loose and it’s not shifting.

z1ppy

if you have a fox shock I used a vice, a 9mm socket to push the bushing out and 16mm socket for the bushing to be pushed into (within the vice jaws).
    Needed three hands to keep everything straight and central but it does work.

A shock bushing tool make life X20 easier.

atlaz
    Free Member

Next question. Anyone have a vice out in the Walton on Thames area because I don’t 🙂

Looks like all the lbs want me to book in for middle of next week at the earliest.

z1ppy

buy a G-clamp from B&Q/screwfix to do the same job, lots cheaper than a vice, though 4 hands maybe required to hold everything in place….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Stuck bushing’ is closed to new replies.