Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • stubhub, viagogo etc
  • tails
    Free Member

How do they work? I want some tickets for a gig but it’s not the end of the world if I don’t go. If I leave it until the day or day before are the prices likely to drop as people are desperate to make their money back? If they do how will they get the tickets to me?

I sold some tickets a few years ago on one of them, but I only asked what I bought them for so they sold straight away.

Thanks!

onlysteel
    Free Member

If you’re local to the venue I’d go down there on the evening, leaving it as late as possible, to see if I could pick up a ticket at face value. Anything but resort to using the services of these scumbags.

jonnyboi

Those sites are all scummy whores. Fact

tails
    Free Member

They are but that’s not the question I asked, plus it’s the user who sets the price I think

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

There are a couple of sites that sell specifically at face value – scarlet mist and I can’t bloody think of the other one. Maybe try on those. Also, I’ve had quite a bit of success using twitter (both to sell and buy) in the past. The band (or whoever’s running their twitter feed) will often re-tweet people selling tickets. Try the band’s facebook page as well and post that you’d like tickets if any going spare. I did this a few years ago for a gig in Bristol, and the venue got in touch and said there was a pair at the door for me – with their compliments! 🙂 IME, most fans selling a pair of tickets only want face value, and if that’s all they ask for, I’ll always throw in the price of a few pints for goodwill.

tails
    Free Member

Thanks I’ll have a look at that site.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Twickets is the other one…sorry, had to check back through emails from the last time I bought/sold on there!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘stubhub, viagogo etc’ is closed to new replies.