Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Stuart Lee’s Comedy Vehicle
  • miketually
    Free Member

Much better last night, I thought. Anyone else watch it?

And then Trigger pulls a face…

Jamie
    Free Member

I still think last weeks show was ace, especially the red button extra bit afterwards with Armando Ianucci. Not seen last nights yet but downloaded it and will catch up later on today.

STATO
    Free Member

I only saw last nights, quite funny, good delivery style, but he drags it out a bit too much in places.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    woffle
    Free Member

I watched the first one and thought it was mildly amusing in places but he really tended to labour the point/joke far too much. Also thought he came across as irritatingly snobbish / up his own fundament when banging on and on and on and on and on and on about the whole celebrity book thing…

But then comedy is wholly subjective.

stuckinarut
    Free Member

“Try 4 again..”

I thought it was funny. And I truly believe that any joke, no matter how unfunny, if repeated enough will become hilarious, so his somewhat laboured style is alright with me.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I tried to watch it and found it (him) utterly unbearable. As has been said, he drags out and labours over jokes constantly – I actually struggle to understand when he thinks he has delivered a punchline.

DezB
    Free Member

Went a bit wrong at the end. And I think he knew it.
    The “Del boy falling through the bar” sticks with you even though there was much funnier stuff before it.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Half an hour is too short to really showcase his style. The cut away sequences just muddle things. His full stand up routines are some of the funniest things I’ve ever seen. Very under rated.

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

Hmmm, I did laugh twice as much this week as last week. ie twice.

Some funny stuff but as has been said, dragged out and no real punch-line or new observation to make you chuckle.

Shame really.

SSP

chakaping
    Free Member

Glad it’s not just me that thinks he’s a pompous, irritating show-off.

I don’t understand why the critics are falling over themselves to venerate him like some sort of comedy god. He just ain’t funny.

Give me Harry Hill any day!

jackthedog
    Free Member

I didn’t see it as I was at a Richard Herring gig :o)

steve-g
    Free Member

I’ve seen him live a few times, the guy is brilliant. I dont think his style suits television very well, and agree that those cut away bits really do him no favours.

When I rule the world people who “don’t get” Stewart Lee will be culled

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Stuart Lee’s Comedy Vehicle’ is closed to new replies.