Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Stuart Hall pleads guilty to 14 sex offences.
  • wwaswas

Youngest victim was 9.

Words fail me. Really.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

😯

bigyinn
    Free Member

😯

khani
    Free Member

😯

Shibboleth
    Free Member

😀

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

this just leaves me speechless, I wouldnt normally say it but I feel the need to say “bring back hanging” OR “chop his willy off”

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Oops, sorry… 😯

Coyote
    Free Member

😯 😯 👿

Klunk
    Free Member

never liked his overly pompous match reports and a dirty ol’ man to boot.

sweepy
    Free Member

Lets hope he spends the rest of his natural in chokey

khani
    Free Member

I hated its a knockout, and Jim’ll fix it,..

yunki
    Free Member

it’s all so glaringly obvious with the benefit of hindsight

martymac

my mum once told me ‘i bet there a LOT of worried old men out there’
    a reference to the fact she was abused by an elderly neighbour when she was young.
    turns out she was right.

khani
    Free Member

hindsight

I’ve got loads of that…

pingu66
    Free Member

I have not followed this in detail but if this is all linked via the BBC or rather the people at the BBC then, how far was this known about and did they turn a blind eye. A huge corporation possibly knowing all about this and doing nothing.

Unfortunately he is so old that he won’t spend long enough rotting in jail.

kimbers

shirley mick jagger, bill wyman, rod stuart? etc must be a bit concerned about all those groupies back in the day

deluded
    Free Member

Well done to the victims – who have displayed tremendous courage in coming forward to make a complaint … and ‘good work’ to the investigating officers for a thorough investigation into historic offence’s, dating back to the mid 60’s.

wwaswas

Can’t believe he’s been bailed, tbh, he must be getting a custodial sentence?

Junkyard
    Free Member

At least justice is finally being done..one wonders how deep this did go and whether there was some form of institutional accpetance of this as it does seem Saville for exampelwas an open secret

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Am I the only person who feels thoroughly cheated? I always thought he was a bit of a legend – a real personality back in the 70s and 80s when I was a kid watching Look North West and It’s a Knockout. And again when he rekindled his career with those incredibly eloquent football reports…

It’s so sad that a man so gifted has done such terrible things.

camerone
    Free Member

hopefull he will be required to pick up lots of bars of soap in the jail showers.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Wilmslows reputation is going downhill, Roche and Hall…

craigxxl
    Free Member

Agree with Junkyard here. People have covered up for these sick people for their own benefit and they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law too.

Coyote
    Free Member

Shibboleth, no you are not. I’m mid-forties so grew up watching Jim’ll Fix It and loving It’s a Knockout. Feels a bit peculiar now.Can’t help wondering which childhood icon will be the next filthy pedophile.

Hopefully he’ll get custodial. Hopefully the victims can get some closure now.

vinnyeh

Surprised he was bailed – would these offences ( as revealed to date) be cosidered as being towards the less serious end of the spectrum?
    Do wonder if he’s a suicide candidate?

duckman

craigxxl – Member
    Agree with Junkyard here. People have covered up for these sick people for their own benefit and they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law too.

Posted 53 seconds ago # Report-Post

I would hope that a lot of the people who covered all this up/ignored it all are sleeping a little less easy,but I doubt it. Even then,being a witness to a dirty old man slobering over a child/juve and not going to the police isn’t a crime so what will happen? Good on the victims for having the bottle,and if it stops one person from abusing children, then worth every second of police time.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

mick jagger, bill wyman, rod stuart? etc must be a bit concerned about all those groupies back in the day

Their groupies are probably quite pleased with themselves.

Unlike the individuals groped by Stuart Hall.

Nobby

shirley mick jagger, bill wyman, rod stuart? etc must be a bit concerned about all those groupies back in the day

The lyrics of Stray Cat Blues say it all….

I had kinda hoped that Hall was the one that hadn’t so am quite shocked.

Nobby

Even then,being a witness to a dirty old man slobering over a child/juve and not going to the police isn’t a crime so what will happen?

Does this not fall under the offence of ‘conspiracy’?

project
    Free Member

William roache charged today with 2 counts of rape, he want be returning to the rovers.

yossarian
    Free Member

Am I the only person who feels thoroughly cheated? I always thought he was a bit of a legend – a real personality back in the 70s and 80s when I was a kid watching Look North West and It’s a Knockout. And again when he rekindled his career with those incredibly eloquent football reports…

It’s so sad that a man so gifted has done such terrible things.

yeah I agree, its a reminder perhaps that the world isn’t as black and white as we try and make it.

kimbers

cant say Im personally upset that hall in particular has turned out to be a scumbag, he always struck me as pompous

just sadness that he got away with it for so long

pingu66
    Free Member

Agree with Junkyard.

Though we have all been cheeted, to see these people now charged and or admitting these offences.

mundiesmiester
    Free Member

Can’t understand why he was not remanded in custody.

He may be 83 and have a heart condition, however it was as recently as his previous hearing he appeared in front of the camera’s and with pugnacious arrogance claimed his total innocence and that the accusations were spurious. Having been bailed today his response to the same reporters was “no comment”. It appears the arrogance he showed through out his career has not left him.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

ScottChegg
    Free Member

a man so gifted

Football waffler and a column in Lancashire Life? He’s not exactly invented cold fusion, has he?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Shibboleth & Coyote +1

They were the big names of my childhood, along with Rolf and a few others. With the innocence of youth I never thought that, as adults on TV, they could be anything other than good people. Who next?

If there was complicity there should be a whole raft of people going down for aiding and abetting.

konabunny
    Free Member

Am I the only person who feels thoroughly cheated?

It’s just a guess, but I’d imagine the victims of the sexual assaults in question have some feelings in that vein.

freeagent
    Free Member

As others have said – it makes you wonder who’ll be next to get a knock on the door.

imnotverygood

The BBC website has very obviously run with a prepared obituary and just tagged on the bit about child molestation at the end. Class journalism.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Stuart Hall pleads guilty to 14 sex offences.’ is closed to new replies.