Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Struggling to find enjoyment in life
  • StefMcDef
    Free Member

It’s kind of encouraging seeing more than one of these type of threads appearing because I’ve been at a spectacularly, crushingly low ebb over the past couple of days. Makes me think it’s not just me and that it might be a seasonal/ SAD thing.

emsz
    Free Member

Yeti: never been to Witney. Have a mate who works in a school there but lives in Oxford with his gf and we meet there. What do we look like? Seriously?

Why?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Nope, if you’ve not been to Witney it doesn’t matter.
    With your gf in Oxford and you going out in Swindon I thought I might have met you in actual real life.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Actually I came to reply to David. DT… if you’ve lost all the weight your speaking about on the other thread.. could this be effecting your mood??

alexxx
    Free Member

hahaha you **** suck dave, what more encouragement do you need than looking at nick white being a goth? cheer the **** up! you posted a thread like this last year as well.

go and embrace life, shit job certainly doesn’t help and maybe im sensitive but i had to get the **** out of mine as soon as i realised i hated it.

bitches dont walk up to your room and sit on your todger so go and find someone to do over

alternatively become rich as **** and travel the world forever

whenever i feel down or gothic i just think its a self inflicted state of mind so feel happy and i am.. simples

you can get enjoyment out of very little or no enjoyment out of a lot.. your call

go to a therapist or confide in a mate if you need to talk to someone dont mope do something productive.

**** sake simple innit? goth face

see you at home

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Dunno, although that just seems to be a result of doing something I find enjoyable.

emsz
    Free Member

We’re in Oxford mostly every other weekend. she lives just off Cowley Rd so drinking/ throwing up just outside in one of the pubs there or centre of town if we’ve got any money ( rarely)

Swindon was one off in some nightclub May have been Reading thinking about it Some random bloke tried it on!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

**** sake simple innit? goth face

This is all the encouragement I need!

See you soon

alexxx
    Free Member

people who talk about doing shit dont do shit, people that do shit do shit!

MTFU TAYLLFORTH MAN THE **** UP

thomthumb
    Free Member

are you eating well? i find that if i’m feeling unmotivated, bored etc etc it’s quite often linked to diet – too much rubbish, not enough vitamins. not enough water. last time i realised that i’d only drunk coffee/ tea or beer for 10 days.

another time i drove to dundee, gorging on toblerone, barefoot!! 😉

philconsequence
    Free Member

mmmmm cowley road, even i (not being from oxford) am aware that its not a pretty place to be, murderingz and all sorts.

alexxx
    Free Member

does he **** he eats a carrot and a rivita then does 50 miles on the bike and drinks about a tablespoon of water

get some gammon in ya

suthy
    Free Member

Accept what you cant change, change what you can accept!

Sounds like you can change all that stuff! Alternatively, do what I do and sign up for a challenge to get the motivational juices flowing.

I’ve done a Polaris challenge in the past – brilliant fun!
    Or, with your road bike, sign up for a London to Paris event (i did that in 2009).

A local sportive event?

Camping trip with the boys?

Like motor sport – go to Le mans 24hr race – bloody awesome (we camped).

A new hobby?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

get some gammon in ya

I do in secret. I often sneak to the pie shop for lunch but dont tell anyone cos I like the vegetarian image and Im scared I’ll lose friends if they found out I ate meat!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

emsz – you do realise you’re on the official guest list for the next sexyparty at Swinley now, don’t you? No chance that you can be in Oxfordshire most weekends without attending!

Phil Cowley Road is full of them stoodentz, apart from them it’s really quite a nice place. 😉

jonahtonto
    Free Member

ive been down lately too. been a really lonely christmas for me as my girlfriend left me in the autumn but you got to pull yourself out of it. diet is really important you know. eating loads of chocolate is just going to make you sugar crash which does feel like unexplainable depression.

my new years res has been to make a point of noticing the beauty in the world again. sounds corny i know but just making a point of thinking ‘the colour of those redish brown leaves aginst the green of the grass is really stunning’ etc at least once a day has really helped me out of my funk

chin up init spring is on its way the nights are already half an hr later. itll be long rides and beer gardens before you know it

DaRC_L

TSY you should have been at Standen on Monday the Pheasants were just falling out of the sky… or maybe the shooters had something to do with it. Fortunately MTB’er wasn’t on the menu.

emsz – me too, it was when I worked behind the bar in the coach & horses. Mind you chatted up might be overstating it, a forthright drunken proposition might be closer. Sadly my gf (at the time) was waiting at home.

DT perhaps you need to talk to TJ (or was it Simon) about CBT!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

chin up init spring is on its way the nights are already half an hr later

Yeh your right, not long till spring now. But……

DT perhaps you need to talk to TJ (or was it Simon) about CBT!

is that the sound of the nights drawing in again?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

To me you sound a bit depressed – just a bit but heading for the “black” It could be a touch of SAD or it could be simple depression.

There is no one answer to this. Self help works for some, talking therapies in various flavours for others, medication for others or more usually a combination.

Exercise, diet, all good for you. Eat well and push yourself to get out on a bike. set achievable targets and achieve them. Talk to your partner.

email me if you want any more detail

MrNutt
    Free Member

Cowley Road is like Pontins off season compared to the arse end of Swinedump, they are at it like dogs down the bottom of town, its inhumane, oh the horror, the horror, actually the final scenes of apocalypse now were all filmed on location just outside walkabout and down from yates’s.

Where as CoCo’s on the Cowely Rd used to do the best breakfast pizza ever!!

duntmatter
    Free Member

i’d only drunk coffee/ tea or beer for 10 days.

This is my normal fluid intake. 😳

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Struggling to find enjoyment in life’ is closed to new replies.