Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Struggling to find enjoyment in life
  • davidtaylforth
    Free Member

For some reason I find myself struggling to enjoy things that I used to

Job – absolutely bored of it, hit the wall.
    Mountain biking – I barely do (once a month, if that), cant be arsed.
    BMX – Havent ridden for getting on for a year.
    Getting drunk with my mates and acting like an idiot – I now just end up getting bored and going home at about midnight.
    Playing guitar – left band practice after about an hour last night, have had to literally force myself to play our last few gigs.
    Dont take much that much interest in music anymore.
    Havent seen quite a few of my mates for ages, I dont seem to make the effort.
    I like riding my road bike but only because it makes me feel knackered/refreshed after a fair hard ride.

What should I do for 2011? MTFU? A complete change in life?

Jamie
    Free Member

24hrs ago….

davidtaylforth:

I dont know for sure. Probably not though cos Im not greedy and dont sit indoors all day stuffing my face with chocolate, I go out and ride my bike because thats what I enjoy doing.

So what is it? You enjoy riding your bike or you don’t?

geoffj

So what is it? You enjoy riding your bike or you don’t?

I like riding my road bike but only because it makes me feel knackered/refreshed after a fair hard ride.

Which bit of that is hard to understand? 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

January blues…try some new stuff?

Jamie
    Free Member

Which bit of that is hard to understand?

All of it 😀

….I was referring more to the MTB side of things tho.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

**** it, I might even buy 2 x 500g bars of cadburys (1x dairy milk, 1x fruit and nut) and just nail em after I finish work.

yossarian
    Free Member

Job – get a new one then, or tell you boss and ask for redeployment or training

Mountain biking – Put your mtb in the loft and see if you miss it

BMX – BMX in the loft too

Getting drunk with my mates and acting like an idiot – Try going out and not drinking a couple of times – its an eye opener!

Playing guitar – learn another instrument, perhaps the harp?

Havent seen quite a few of my mates for ages, I dont seem to make the effort – make the effort and try doing new stuff with them – paintablling, trackdays etc

I like riding my road bike – ride it more

Stop wallowing and start living

willard

This has happened to me in the last few months too. Work is slowly killing me and my new Merlin has languished in the garage just waiting for me to take it out. Even walking the dogs is a struggle now.

I’m not sure that you should go the for complete change of life; you could end up changing everything and then being just as stuck. It’s far better to find one thing that can be changed and doing that to see if it works.

Shot-term, MTFU might work – we all hit troughs now and again – but you need to find out what is causing you to feel flat, then change it, then be happy again.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Do make sure a chat with the doctor is on your list. Might be the start of something that can easily be controlled but many people have to live with.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

What mikey-simmo says.

warton
    Free Member

go to an indoor climbing wall, something totally different and really good fun!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

What mikey-simmo said.

johnners
    Free Member

Which bit of that is hard to understand?

Well, I’m a bit stuck on the “knackered/refreshed” dichotomy.

crankboy
    Free Member

Is it because it’s winter and there is not much sunlight?

While there are potentially many causes post christmas anti climax and winter blues is the most likely candidate. plus a bit of growing up and increased maturity.

I have no real words of wisdom other than you are not the only one to go through this and it will pass.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I have the odd day (once or twice a week) where I feel decent (never thought about it but I cant seem to place why its just the odd day rather than everyday) but the rest of the time I tend to feel a bit shite. MTFU sounds like a good option

ART

I can relate as my work has gradually sapped my will to live over the last year. All the other stuff is connected, given that work takes up most of your waking hours.

You have it in the last sentence ‘change’ – make some. Doesn’t have to be complete change, just something/anything to shift the focus and give you new perspective/ aims etc.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

How about a spot of dry stone walling miles from anywhere? Carry all your gear for miles. Snare a rabbit, camp out under a bit of tarpaulin?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Is it because it’s winter and there is not much sunlight?

While there are potentially many causes post christmas anti climax and winter blues is the most likely candidate. plus a bit of growing up and increased maturity.

SAD maaan. Could be that, felt like this for quite a few months now.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

How about a spot of dry stone walling miles from anywhere? Carry all your gear for miles. Snare a rabbit, camp out under a bit of tarpaulin?

Haha, cracking stuff!

Junkyard
    Free Member

knackered/refreshed” dichotomy

you feel very tired after a ride due ot exertion but refreshed as you have loads of endorphines in your blood – you need to ride harder …. softie.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’ll see you there David, gonna snare me self a pheasant using me mouth. I’ll just lie there, dead still like, until one pops its neck between my teeth.

What bait for getting a pheasant to put it’s head in my mouth?

emsz
    Free Member

Everyones allowed to feel down but don’t concentrate on it. Don’t worry about the mountain bike. I had loads of plans about riding through the winter but one look at all that mud then “no way” so I’ve started running again. It’s partly the weather partly just boredom with the routine.

MrNutt
    Free Member

work on developing some kind of perversion, the more deviant the better, perhaps something to do with amphibians?

tankslapper
    Free Member

Fed up? Miserable? Sad? THEN MOVE TO PEMBROKESHIRE AND FEEL REALLY BLOODY AWFUL! 🙁

Same boat mate – starting to sign-up for things like the Meridas / CRC events to have something to aim my lardy butt at!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

work on developing some kind of perversion, the more deviant the better, perhaps something to do with amphibians?

I’ve hit an all time high in my depravity… I’m chatting up girls from Swindon…

saladdodger
    Free Member

TSY

God help yer hope she is not mid 40’s single

She cost me a fortune

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

MTFU is never a good option.

saladdodger
    Free Member

To the OP

Get off yer lardy butt and do something good for someone preferably a complete stranger, it is strange the buzz you can get at times

To wallow in your own pit will not help

believe me

lexiekay
    Free Member

I’ve hit an all time high in my depravity… I’m chatting up girls from Swindon…

The most offensive thing I’ve seen on this forum so far!
    We’re not all that bad… Although I’ve spent the 3 years I’ve lived here trying to escape so I guess that doesn’t say much!

saladdodger
    Free Member

lexiekay

I did 20 years 😕

thank god for internet dating

lexiekay
    Free Member

lexiekay

I did 20 years

thank god for internet dating

Hmm i’ve just decided to give up on that – new year’s resolution!

richmtb

Buy an Xbox

emsz
    Free Member

The only time I’ve been chatted up was in Swindon!

yossarian
    Free Member

The only time I’ve been chatted up was in Swindon!

You must have big hands and a limp.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Probably lack of s3x.

DavidB
    Free Member

[quoteI’ve hit an all time high in my depravity… I’m chatting up girls from Swindon…[/quote]

I can piss on that mate, I married one

MrNutt
    Free Member

everyone appears to have a little bit of swindon in them, I’ve booked a doctors appointment to see if I can get mine removed!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I was hoping to get a bit of me in Swindon, not visa versa!

lexiekay… I do apologise… How you doing?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

emsz – what do you and your gf actually look like? You’ve never been out in the Oxfordshire town of Witney have you??

plumber
    Free Member

Take a look at yourself and make the change

Michael Jackson apparently

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Struggling to find enjoyment in life’ is closed to new replies.