Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Stronglight Dural Chainrings – Roadie/Bike Shop Bods Query ?
  • slugwash
    Free Member

Do the 135 BCD (Campag) inner/middle Stronglight Dural chainrings come with reduced teeth (two & a half to be exact) to aid shifting? …..

…or is the chainring stamping machine at the Stronglight factory in need of a spot of recalibration?

Cheers,

Rich.

woodrz
    Free Member

LOL! Don;t know the answer but I do know I used to do that myself on my old tandem to improve the shift to the granny ring. If they come in two places and align with both TDCs then it might be by design. Either that or it was cut to close to the edge of the sheet,

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Defo not there on the Shimano/130mm ones I’ve had before…..

njee20
    Free Member

Shifting ramps innit.

cp

Yes thats how they are- shifting gates. Thee arent stamped either, theyre machined.

slugwash
    Free Member

Hmm, no reference to reduced teeth on the Stronglight website nor packaging and they don’t come in two places on the chainring. Also, the photo ^^^^ dosen’t show it but the teeth ends looked snapped/sheared rather than cut or machined.

I used to do that myself on my old tandem to improve the shift to the granny ring.

Whether they’re there by design or not I suppose it’ll still work in a triple however without throwing the chain off the ring ?

slugwash
    Free Member

I’ve now fitted the chainring and it works/shifts fine. I’ve apologised to the ebay seller for suggesting that I’d been hawked defective goods and I’ll be dropping by the Stronglight factory as I cycle through France later this week to suggest that they make reference to the reduced teeth on their website, (and sort out the info in English on their packaging… it’s worse than my broken, primary school French) 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Stronglight Dural Chainrings – Roadie/Bike Shop Bods Query ?’ is closed to new replies.