Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Strongest light source – on helmet or bars?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

I’ve got a couple of modded T***o torches on my handlebars and used to use a Fenix on my helmet. I’ve now got a P7 and was wondering whether I should use it on the bars or my helmet.
    I suspect it might be better on the helmet, but I was wondering whether you put more light on your bars or up top.

epicyclo

I reckon the helmet is the best place so long as you remember not to look directly at other people’s faces.

mboy
    Free Member

I’d argue that you should use the more floody beam (the P7 in this case) on the bars, and the more focussed spot beam light (your Fenix torch) on your head. You want where you are looking to be lit up in infinite detail (which the P7 won’t do, they are a great flood light, but no good as a spot), but it doesn’t need to be a big area. For the light on your bars, a flood is ideal as you light up a decent sized area, and it doesn’t matter if you turn your bars slightly you can still see enough of the trail etc.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I say both is best, with helmet light 50% as bright as bar light (otherwise depth perception lost). Turn off helmet light in fog.

druidh
    Free Member

mboy – Member

I’d argue that you should use the more floody beam (the P7 in this case) on the bars, and the more focussed spot beam light (your Fenix torch) on your head. You want where you are looking to be lit up in infinite detail (which the P7 won’t do, they are a great flood light, but no good as a spot), but it doesn’t need to be a big area. For the light on your bars, a flood is ideal as you light up a decent sized area, and it doesn’t matter if you turn your bars slightly you can still see enough of the trail etc.

Exactly as above – and exactly what I’m using.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Strongest light source – on helmet or bars?’ is closed to new replies.