Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Strong, light, cheap…
  • lewislippiatt
    Free Member

Which two of those do people think KCNC handlebars fall under? The latter ones?

I’m after a wide-ish (anything over 600mm will probably do) flat bar with a 25.4mm clamp and there’s not much out there.

KCNC do one, but will it snap the first time I use it?

andrewh
    Free Member

Have a look at the Mt Zoom bars too. Stong, light, reasonably-priced.

njee20
    Free Member

Which two of those do people think KCNC handlebars fall under? The latter ones?

Yes

KCNC do one, but will it snap the first time I use it?

No

lewislippiatt
    Free Member

Thank you both. Will have a look at the other recommendation 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

Can second Mt Zoom actually – use their risers, very nice, and haven’t broken yet!

aracer
    Free Member

Depends what you’re doing with it, but for normal XC for somebody not big boned it’s strong enough – and probably as strong as bars which cost rather more. I’ve been using some KCNC flat bars happily for several years – thought I think mine only came at 600mm width (I’m an XC Jey boy so cut them down a bit!)

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member
    lewislippiatt
    Free Member

Depends what you’re doing with it, but for normal XC for somebody not big boned it’s strong enough – and probably as strong as bars which cost rather more. I’ve been using some KCNC flat bars happily for several years – thought I think mine only came at 600mm width (I’m an XC Jey boy so cut them down a bit!)

Normal XC only, and the tamer end of it at that, but I’m not light, hence a degree of worry!

I’ve always preferred bars at the wider end of the spectrum, never rode with anything narrower than 580mm even before risers came along. That said, I’ve not ever gone wider than 680mm, so I’m pretty mild these days…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Strong, light, cheap…’ is closed to new replies.