Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Strong but light weight crank for 26er single speed build ?
  • fozworth
    Free Member

In after a light weight but strong crankset for my SS mtb build .but don’t want to break the bank .any sudjustions ?

RoterStern
    Free Member

Middleburn Uno if you can find one.

cynic-al
    Free Member

My guess is most cranks will be strong enough, so buy the lightest one you can afford.

Middleburn appeals to the niche crowd for some reason. Square taper BBs last longest but as you need something strong you must be landing big jumps or something so it wouldn’t do,

akira

xt or slx in the sales. light enough and plenty strong, if you want something fancier get an X9 or X0 and fit a bling ring.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Do you need new cranks?

Put a wanted ad in the classifieds, you might be able to get some decent one at a good price.

fozworth
    Free Member

I’m only doing trail riding but as it was for a ss mtb I thought I’d need something pretty stiff and strong? Probably Cus I’m used to riding a FR bike . So assuming there isn’t a major worry on an over engineered crank are the midburn uno’s the way to go ? Although I’d prefere splined or x type as square taper seems to remind me of my first kid bike lol

eyerideit
    Free Member

I used some boring old LX square tapers with a fancy Hope 32t ring.

TBH anything semi decent crank should be fine.

Middleburn might cost you around £70 secondhand.

tymbian
    Free Member

Gusset taf24. Around 80 quid new. I like mine. I weigh approx 100kgs in gear.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Used and polished m960 or am I bit last year
    Personal I use rs7 uno
    I got them them when taper bb was all there was and have never had the need to replace them

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Strong but light weight crank for 26er single speed build ?’ is closed to new replies.