Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Stroker Trail rebuild kit
  • mjsmke

Does anyone know if this:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/hayes-caliper-rebuild-kit-g1-g2/rp-prod20169

will fit a Stroker Trail calliper?

mjsmke

Or i just found the correct ones in Hargrove Cycles. I’ve not heard of them before so does anyone know if they are reliable to purchase from?

mjsmke

I’ve no idea how i missed that one! Thanks. Ordering it now.

mjsmke

Hmmm. Now my front brake is sticking too. Gonna strip the calliper tomorrow and clean it to see if that helps. If not I’ll just replace them both with some XT’s. I’d ideally prefer a closed system where i can adjust pad to rotor clearance/lever pull but I think only Hope make them.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

It’ll more than likely be the piston in the levers sticking. If you remove the circlip around the plunger, keep it fully depressed then clean out any dirt and smear some rubber grease into the bore with a cotton bud they’ll usually feel like new again 😉

mjsmke

Thanks for the tip. I’ll try that at the weekend. I did wonder that as the pistons in the calliper seem to move fine but even after i reset the pistons in the calliper right back, after a few pulls on the lever the pads are so close to the disc they always rub.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Stroker Trail rebuild kit’ is closed to new replies.