Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Stripped crank arm thread on new xtrcranks how to bodge and still use!
  • postierich
    Free Member

Friend of mine noticed his pedals were a bit loose on todays ride.unfortunatly he has managed to strip the crank arm thread drive side.Not awash in cash so any good bodge ideas? does not mind losing a set of pedals.

Rich

TheSwede
    Free Member

Helicoil.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

new xtr cranks and Not awash in cash – how do these go together?

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

You could drop a ‘helicoil’ in, this would involve a bit of workshop time to do correctly,

freeform5spot
    Free Member

I managed to bodge a pair recntly by inserting the pedals in from the opposite side to re-trace the thread and its worked for me (touch wood!)

I_Ache
    Free Member

Maybe he is poor because he brought the cranks. Either way it doesnt really matter. Unless he is being blamed for the credit crunch.

Frankers
    Free Member

You may struggle finding 9/16×20 helicoils

My first port of call would be a bike shop to see if they have a tap that may be able to re-chase the thread. Or you could try the pedal from the other side like recommended by freeform5spot

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

9/16×20 helicoils, probably, looked on the net, left hand thread helicoils are rarer than rockin hos shit

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Stripped crank arm thread on new xtrcranks how to bodge and still use!’ is closed to new replies.