Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Stripped bolt on fox fork hose guide??
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

The stupid pesky hose guide bolt is just spinning around in my fox 36 meaning i cant tighten up the hose to stop it rattling…ive ziptied it for now

Wondered is the bolt likely to have stripped or the inside of thd fork itself??

Should a new kit sort it?

I lost the foam backing thats stuck on so i had to improvise, but seems the thickenss of the foam must be important as its allowed this to happen…hamfistedness im sure…so is it likely be bugger or just a new bolt?

Sure i cant be the only one to have had this happen 😀

orangeboy
    Free Member

Mostly it’s the the thread in the fork leg but should be easy to see if you look at the thread condition on the bolt

sparkerfix

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Thread condition of bolt is hard to tell really, i dont really know how it looked before…it still looks like theres a thread on it if thats what you mean…

Tap kit is a possibility, but its a really small head/bolt so dont know if that will be possible..

Guess i could go next bolt size up if it doesnt work and just make a new thread inside the fork

RustyNissanPrairie

The magnesium fork thread will be stripped – the bolt will be fine. Its a shit engineering design.
    Dont bother drilling/tapping/heli coiling its too small.
    I would get an M3 (iirc) stud (or cut the head off a normal bolt), podge some epoxy into the hole on the fork lower, double nut then screw the stud in as far as it will gently go, wipe away excess epoxy. Let epoxy cure, remove double nuts. Assemble hose guide into place but use a nut&washer in future to snug it down.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Balls kinda thought as much, my mates got a new bolt to try first just to make sure…if not i think ill jist ziptie it as neatly as i can to the leg lower…really is shite, it had this crap guide on my circa 08 forks and its still the same crap design now some 10 years on…..

I know it probably is just being hamfisted in some way, but shouldnt be able to do this so easily! Bolts that small are useless especially when its used to hold something in place and clamped down…its so delicate and the bolt is so thin

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Stripped bolt on fox fork hose guide??’ is closed to new replies.