Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • String/band thingy for Jawbones
  • honourablegeorge

Have dropped my Jawbones twice now, realising further down the trail and managing to find them both times – from taking them off my face when stopping and putting them on top of my helmet or somewhere else for a minute.

Are there any decent aftermarket string thingies (dunno what they’re called) like the band below that I can get for them, so I can hang them round me neck when not in use?

tomhoward

Ummm, string?

zilog6128

The glasses in your pic aren’t Jawbones, they’re the replacement – Racing Jackets. Exactly the same in every respect, except they come with that handy little hole in the legs that the strap attaches to.

EDIT: I tried every optician in town no-one had anything suitable for my Jawbones, eventually went to the really posh one and they dug an elastic strap out from the back of a desk draw which they let me have for free! Doesn’t look great but does the job. Would love to find a better/more pro solution though!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    honourablegeorge

zilog6128 – Member
    The glasses in your pic aren’t Jawbones, they’re the replacement – Racing Jackets. Exactly the same in every respect, except they come with that handy little hole in the legs that the strap attaches to.

I know – but I have Jawbones, hence the question.

The-Beard

You need a set of Chums!

Takes me back to the early 90’s…

zilog6128

Just had a quick look on eBay, these are the ones the optician gave me http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2Pcs-New-Black-Glasses-Sports-Sunglasses-Adjustable-Elastic-Band-Strap-Cord-T1K-/141019647845?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_VisionGlasses_Lenses_SM&hash=item20d56d0f65

I cut the rubber bits off the end and slid (forced!) the metal D-ring on to the end of the arms. It sits just where the arm gets thicker at the end next to the unobtainium. Doesn’t look pretty, but it’s on there 100% and ain’t going anywhere – which is what I was after since my JBs have prescription lenses and I do not want to lose them!!

Jamie
    Free Member

Another vote for string.

Houns
    Drac

Something like this?

Junkyard
    Free Member

FFS how poor is that as the mighty Aldi £4 ones come with them as standard

If you really want some OP e-mail me and I will send you a set
    Its a rubber noose type attachment so i assume it will work with them

Clearly its string with a rubber noose on so another +1 for string

Junkyard
    Free Member

DP

zilog6128

Its a rubber noose type attachment so i assume it will work with them

Possibly not, if they are what I think they are, because the JBs don’t have a loop on the end of the legs so the rubber loops just slide off.

The Chums look like they might work though, will probably try some of those!

Junkyard
    Free Member

there is no loop on the end of the legs of the aldi ones and they come to a point but hey posh buy as you wish 😉

zilog6128

Fair nuff, must be a slightly different design to the strap thingy then as the one I had before didn’t work with JBs!

honourablegeorge

zilog6128 – Member

Possibly not, if they are what I think they are, because the JBs don’t have a loop on the end of the legs so the rubber loops just slide off.

Yeah, I have a string thingy from a set of cheap safety glasses, it comes off too easily. The Chums thing might work OK, but ideally I wanted something specific that would replace the rubber “socks”

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘String/band thingy for Jawbones’ is closed to new replies.