Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Strimmer/Brushcutter recommendations?
  • jamiesilo
    Free Member

i’m thinking a Stihl FS 94 C-E:
    http://www.stihl.co.uk/STIHL-Products/Grass-Trimmers-Brushcutters-and-Clearing-Saws/Petrol-powerful-brushcutters/22289-211/FS-94-C-E.aspx

needs to be fairly heavy duty, take a blade, but not for daily use.
    any other brands to consider? makita ones seem to be 4 stroke, so not interested. husqies, well, rather have a stihl having used both chainsaws

Dolmar? owned by makita apparently
    not a mcCulloch or other DIY brands please : )

djflexure

I got a 4stroke Honda 3 years ago – ex hire from eBay – its never missed a beat. Takes a blade.

Alphabet

I’ve also got a 4 stroke Honda which I’ve had for 4 years or so and would highly recommend it.

jamiesilo
    Free Member

i’ve used a 4-stoke honda and hated it. like the grunt of 2-stroke much better. thanks tho.

geetee1972
    Free Member

You have to love a thread that can contain the words ‘bush’ ‘trim’, ‘strim’, ‘stroke’ and ‘grunt’ without there being any inuendo.

jamiesilo
    Free Member

bush?
    brush?

pondo

B&Q (bear with me…) have or had a load of own brand 2 stroke strimmers for £45 a couple of weeks back. Running it with the supplied brush cutter, seems fine so far but it doesn’t get a lot of stick, to be fair.

mefty
    Free Member

Echo

namastebuzz
    Free Member

I bought one of THESE of Ebay last year for £80. Works as well as my dad’s Stihl at a fraction of the cost. 52cc, uses a blade if needed. Has never missed a beat and starts every time cold or hot. Came with a decent harness too.

If you’re not using it every day do you really need a Stihl? Fine if you want one and can afford it but for me, if you take good care of stuff it’ll do the job you need it to.

Lionheart
    Free Member

Honda here, takes a blade or cord but takes out so much with cord, blade is unnecessary. Easy to start and use, has made the two stroke seem troublesome and a little puny. But I’m sure there are some great two stroke ones about – we have a CR250 two stroke bike that makes most fourstroke 250s and 350s seem soft, overweight and slow.

jamiesilo
    Free Member

blades seem to be better when grass/vegitation is long, get less clogged-up.

have to declare i am a tool snob. i hate using B+Q level drills for example. i can tell the difference and i like my tools to last and work well. BUT, maybe a new ebay strimmer which i meaintain myself would be ok.

i had a yamaha one i got for nothing, spent too much money on getting it sorted, and now is super tempramental and a pain in the arse. i just wanted to throw some money at a bit of quality, but i’m only really talking about the strimmer equivalent of a pair of Sektors, i just don’t want some supermarket forks, so to speak…

jamiesilo
    Free Member

echo look good, but they’re dearer thatn Stihl! in euros

jamiesilo
    Free Member

lookin gat dolmars. cheaper than stihl, makita engines. semm not bad
    anyone any experience?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Strimmer/Brushcutter recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.