Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Strimmer Nightmare!
  • simon67
    Free Member

Decided to fire up the strimmer on Sunday. After 1 minute I had thrown a stone and smashed a window in the conservatory.

Best quote to fix it is £340!!!

One hell of an expensive strim & nothing, but nothing to show for the money spent 🙁

flip
    Free Member

🙄

convert

Not funny.

At least you got yours started. After many failed attempts at the weekend my strimmer and I are currently not talking to each other and studiously look the other way whenever I go in the shed. When he apologises I’ll think about getting him out for another trip around the garden again but until then he can go whistle! It’s not me that’s stuck in the corner with only a bunch of bamboo canes and a knackered workmate to look at.

ski
    Free Member

I managed to get mine going, it was on death row but has had its sentance dropped to life imprisonment inside my shed!

spooky_b329

Is it a normal double glazed window? I remember the seal glass units are quite cheap compared to the prices you would expect to pay for a complete window.

simon67
    Free Member

At least you got yours started.

I wish it hadn’t!

Is it a normal double glazed window? I remember the seal glass units are quite cheap compared to the prices you would expect to pay for a complete window.

Yes but toughnened glass. About 1.5m2 but with a slope on the top. 2 prices were within a fiver so I guess the window is a fair chunk of the price

Cheers

Simon

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Look on the bright side, it’s a window, not your eye, or one of your loved ones. 😉

MrTall
    Free Member

Last time i used my strimmer with ‘auto release spool’ there was a long bit hanging out when i started. I held it away from me down by my feet and pressed the start button.

The spool span round, hit the guard, broke the thread which shot up and embedded itself in my cheek. Had to pull it back out my face. If it’d hit my eye i’d have been blinded for sure.

I always strim in goggles now and use the single heavy duty strim lines which can’t be too long. Lesson learned.

mudshark
    Free Member

Yes but toughened glass

Not that tough.

simon67
    Free Member

Not that tough.

Haha – yes!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Strimmer Nightmare!’ is closed to new replies.