Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Strictly Come Dancing Celebs (?)
  • Harry_the_Spider

Who on Earth are they? I know who 6 of them are, but who are the other 10?

Everyday I'm sounding more like my dad.

Whatever… It's that time of year when Erin Boag returns to our screens.

aP
    Free Member

Are they celebs on SCD? I'd never realised.

Harry_the_Spider

You sound like my dad's brother.

aP
    Free Member

I've heard of Martina Hingis, oh and recognise the OXO ad woman, er……

PhilO
    Free Member

Er… Joe Calzaghe CBE, MBE, BBC Sports Personality of the year 2007, and according to his web site, '…the longest-reigning boxing world champion of the modern era. He has a fight record of 46-0, 32 of which by TKO.'

It's rather sad that the denizens of a sports-based website have never heard of him. 🙁

(And I speak as somebody who loaths boxing).

Have to agree WRT all the others, though. Who the hell is that Tuffnell bloke? Sounds like a kind of plastic to me… 😉

mos

surely you would only watch it for the hot dancers? female obviously!

Harry_the_Spider

I would imagine that Calzaghe and Tuffers will make a bit of a double act.

I just hope that Erin doesn't go out in the early rounds. I saw her once in a hotel. Don't let the nose/chin thing put you off she is dead fit! (now i sound like me 20 years ago)

aP
    Free Member

I haven't heard of any of those "famous actors" [sic] either.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I have absolutely no understanding of why I should have heard of a boxer simply because I ride a bicycle. 😯

But then I no more follow boxing than I do televised celebrity dance competitions. So many things to be utterly ignorant of. 😉

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

It's rather sad that the denizens of a sports-based website have never heard of him

THEN

Who the hell is that Tuffnell bloke?

Err…..

Competition Test ODI FC LA
    Matches 42 20 316 93
    Runs scored 153 15 2066 125
    Batting average 5.10 15.00 9.69 8.92
    100s/50s 0/0 0/0 0/1 0/0
    Top score 22* 5* 67* 18
    Balls bowled 11288 1020 76934 4663
    Wickets 121 19 1057 103
    Bowling average 37.68 36.78 29.35 32.30
    5 wickets in innings 5 0 53 1
    10 wickets in match 2 n/a 6 n/a
    Best bowling 7/47 4/22 8/29 5/28
    Catches/stumpings 12/– 4/– 106/– 17/–

BigDummy
    Free Member

Mastiles, I've a horrible feeling your irony detector has got clogged up again… 😉

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Mastiles, I've a horrible feeling your irony detector has got clogged up again..

Must have been much too subtle for me 🙁

AndyP
    Free Member

Er… Joe Calzaghe CBE, MBE, BBC Sports Personality of the year 2007, and according to his web site, '…the longest-reigning boxing world champion of the modern era. He has a fight record of 46-0, 32 of which by TKO.'
    Ah..a bloke who makes money out of inflicting injury on others. Nice. Perhaps there's hope for some of the West Ham fans from last night, reality TV beckons?

miketually
    Free Member

I've heard of, or recognised, seven of the 'celebrities'.

Laila Rouass is the celebrity dancing with Anton du Beke. It could be argued that he's more of a celebrity than her now. perhaps they need to start referring to them as dancers and non-dancers?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Ah..a bloke who makes money out of inflicting injury on others.

Idiot.

uplink
    Free Member

4 of them for me

BigDummy
    Free Member

perhaps they need to start referring to them as dancers and non-dancers?

Or as "people you would not normally associate with dancing", and "people who usually dance".

Reality television is an empire now, and when it acts, it creates new realities. And while you are studying those realities, reality television acts again, and the reality changes. 🙂

london_lady
    Free Member

Some of the "celebs" are only known to those who watch corrie, shoddyoaks, drabenders and read Heat. I am waiting to see wee Vincent lifting Natalie Cassidy though.
    I once sat in front of Anton Du Beke on a flight to KL listening to how his then-gf was going to spend the whole trip in the bar whilst he danced.

miketually
    Free Member

A policeman off of Crimewatch and Ronnie Woods' wife? Celebrities?

Tuffnel is more famous for appearing on 'reality' TV than for being a cricketist isn't he?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Tuffnel is more famous for appearing on 'reality' TV than for being a cricketist isn't he?

If you don't follow cricket perhaps. If someone asked me who he was, I wouldn't say 'winner of I'm a Celebrity', I would say he is an ex-England cricketer and now a cricket broadcaster/pundit.

Harry_the_Spider

Ronnie Wood's wife? Is that Ronnie Wood from The Rolling Stones or Ronnie Wood the greetings card wholesaler from Bury? He's famous round our way for having a big blue warehouse and being mates with Brian Robson.

AndyP
    Free Member

Ah..a bloke who makes money out of inflicting injury on others.

Idiot.
    harsh. it's not so much him who is the idiot, it's the people who encourage it.

Kuco

Wasn't Martina Hingis banned from tennis for drug abuse?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

harsh.

Not harsh at all. To compare a man at the pinnacle of his chosen sport to thugs at football matches is simple idiocy.

AndyP
    Free Member

Not harsh at all. To compare a man at the pinnacle of his chosen sport to thugs at football matches is simple idiocy.

Ah right. Licensed violence = OK, unlicensed violence = unacceptable? Lovely.

aP
    Free Member

To compare a man at the pinnacle of his chosen sport to thugs at football matches is simple idiocy

and if he shops at 'The shop formerly owned by Dame Shirley Porter' as well then its all over as far as I'm concerned.

atlaz
    Free Member

Admitted to taking coke around the time of Wimbledon a few years back. Who'd have thought, someone in their early 20s with loads of cash and too much spare time doing coke…

Or are you suggesting they should be drug testing the "athletes" in strictly?

Drac

I won't be watching so have no concern what so ever.

convert

Tuffers has been great on TMS recently. I can't stand this sort of telly and don't plan on watching any of it (fortunately OH hates it too so no arguments there) but in the interest of research I did check out who he'll be dancing with – I can see why he's doing it!

Kuco

No need to drug test the viewers 😉

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Ah right. Licensed violence = OK, unlicensed violence = unacceptable? Lovely.

It shows that you know nothing about the sport to call it licenced violence. If that is your view, it would be churlish for me to try to argue it otherwise with you.

Harry_the_Spider

Only on STW can we row about F list wannabees on a ball room dancing show!

IanMunro
    Free Member

I don't know who I don't know in a program that I don't watch, but I feel the need to contribute to this thread.

miketually
    Free Member

Only on STW can we row about F list wannabees on a ball room dancing show!

We can argue about anything on here! 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

No we can't.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I've no problem with boxing mastiles, but it's clearly correct to say that it involves some violence, and that that violence is licensed. It is legal to punch someone in the chops in a boxing ring in a way that it is not in a pub. There is (I assume) rather more to boxing than this, but Andy's definition is overly reductive rather than just wrong. 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yes I accept it involves violence, but it is controlled violence, not people throwing bricks onto prone and unconscious victims at football matches. I felt that to compare the two was unfair.

miketually
    Free Member

No we can't.

That's not an argument, it's just contradiction.

Harry_the_Spider

No it isn't. Want to make something of it?

How's that?

miketually
    Free Member

Bring it on!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Strictly Come Dancing Celebs (?)’ is closed to new replies.