Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Stretching a tubeless tyre
  • sofabear
    Free Member

Hello folks.

I’ve been trying to mount a WTB Vigilante TCS 60tpi to a Mavic XM419 rim. Both tyre and wheel are brand new and never been used.

The tyre took a fair bot of persuasion to get on to the rim because of the Mavic tubeless rim strip but eventually it pops on and inflates quite easily. Needed about 45psi to seat both beads.

Spinning the wheel on the axle shows a ‘buckle’ but when investigated further it’s the tyre, not the rim.

If I rotate the tyre on the rim, the ‘buckle’ follows so it’s a part of the tyre affected and not the rim. I’m wondering if I have somehow stretched this particular part of the tyre when working it on to the rim.

I’ve got three other rims – 2 Commencal/Jalco and 1 Alex Rim – all with WTB Vigilantes TCS and there are no issues with those set ups.

Any suggestions please? I can’t imagine I’ve been able to stretch the tyre by hand, I’m not exactly strong.

TIA.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Send it back!

sofabear
    Free Member

To be fair the retailer hasn’t blown a refund out of the water yet. I emailed them a video of the dodgy tyre and the straight rim last night, just waiting to hear back from them.

Fingers crossed. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Stretching a tubeless tyre’ is closed to new replies.