Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • stretch for top of the quads
  • fontmoss
    Free Member

Tightness in the left leg at the top of the quads, anyone got a good stretch for it? I'll go hassle the physios but thought i'd tap into the collective wealth of knowledge, ta

stumpy01

Is a standing quad stretch not sufficient??

You can always try lying on your front & grabbing your foot from behind to stretch the quad. Bot quads at the same time if you are flexible enough (I'm not – it's a real stretch)…

DaveGr
    Free Member

make sure your pelvis isn't tilted forward when you're stretching the quads otherwise it reduces the effectiveness.

fontmoss
    Free Member

standing quad has never done enough for me tbh, cheers for the tip davegr

MrSmith
    Free Member

you can push the pelvis forward, this will work the top of the vastis lateralis/intermedius. it seems wrong but the physio said it was a good way of stretching the top of the quads
    also swap hands when holding your foot behind you this will work the other vastis muscles. you can also abduct. move the knee outwards, you will feel it pull at the top of the thigh (this may be working the sartorious?)

MSP

Kneel down, keeping your thighs and body in line just lean backwards, keeping your arms held out in front for balance.

NZCol

Is it actually your hip flexors ?
    If so kneel down on one knee, other leg in front of you bent 90 deg at knee, foot flat on floor. Both hands hips and tuck your bum under while making sure your core is engaged. Stay there for a while and repeat on other side. Don't lunge forward, tuck your bunghole in. That will stretch your hip flexors v nicely and cycling then sitting on a chair is one , well two, ways to get tight hf.

fontmoss
    Free Member

fairly sure its flexors, intially was thinking sartorius but stretch above seems to work, ta muchly

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘stretch for top of the quads’ is closed to new replies.