Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Stress Top Trumps
  • funkmasterp

Well the last 24 hours have been great for the old blood pressure. Mrs F rushed to hospital last night, being treated for sepsis and pneumonia. Funk Jr is being taken to doctors by Mrs F’s parents and I’m sat in A&E with six week old Lil Miss Funk. Not had more than two hours sleep per night since last Thursday.

Can anyone top this? Please distract me and keep me from freaking out!

Jamie
    Free Member

Have you considered letting Jesus into your life?

He died for our sins, dontchaknow.

jamj1974

Holy shit dude. Take care.

funkmasterp

Not letting Jesus in again. Last time he refused to take his sandals off and trailed sawdust everywhere

bearnecessities

Please distract me and keep me from freaking out!

I can burgle your house if it helps?

Jamie
    Free Member

Not letting Jesus in again

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4CizzE-zZo[/video]

matt_outandabout

Heal quick family_funk

funkmasterp

I can burgle your house if it helps?

If you could do break in and decorating that’d be grand? That or just buck my stuff and replace it with new?

bearnecessities

I’d rather decorate your house than decorate you, but it’s your call.

Edit: You’ve edited it and now I look silly. That’s it, I’m taking the toys from under the spare towels in the bottom drawer.

Jamie
    Free Member

funkmasterp

I think everyone knows you’d rather decorate me 🙂

Stealth edits are the best

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’ve run out of proper coffee and if the snow doesn’t clear will have to resort to drinking the instant I keep for builders and the like.

Pray for me.

funkmasterp

Is it…..is it Mellow Birds?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Surprising what you can handle, when the chips are stacked against you.

Hope you all gather together and hug over Xmas. Think you’ve deserved it TBH.

Oh, first dabs on the shaver in the bathroom cupboard.

RobHilton
    Free Member

You need the ultimate in de-stress top trumps,
    OP:

P.S. Goggle image results for ‘kittenwar’ might also soothe you.
    And get you into trouble with Mrs.OP

funkmasterp

Oh, first dabs on the shaver in the bathroom cupboard.

That’s not mine 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

I know, it’s mine 😉

sweaman2
    Free Member

Healing vibes.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Well, I’ve had to pick up eldest from ‘Blowling with Jesus’ and it’s rather cold, doesn’t seem so bad now.

Really, though – get well soon Family Funk. I’m pretty good in a crisis, but I admit losing my cool when Littlest Jay is ill, NHS can perform miracles for little ones though, hevan and earth moved, seas parted and rabbit pulled from hats before your eyes.

zippykona

funkmasterp

Thanks all. Phone died, but a nurse has now leant me her charger. On children’s ward waiting for paediatrician. Funk Jr is singing his grandparents to sleep.

Bikebouy, you’ve left your toothbrush at mine too!

Drac

Hope everyone is well soon.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I had an injection in my knee today and I HATE needles so was auite stressed. So you win, sorry can’t help but best wishes to everyone.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Can anyone top this?

Yes.

But I won’t bore you with the details.

funkmasterp

Yes.

But I won’t bore you with the details.

Hope Mrs E is doing okay?

garage-dweller

Egf & funk best wishes to you/your families.

This week I’ve only been mildly irritated and a little tense so far. As a result I am ill equipped to compete and not remotely interested in the left over leg shavings and toe nail clippings that the others are fighting over in a desperate and creepy way.

Kryton57

My Premier Sub lapsed today.

Very stressful time it was.

mjsmke

Can anyone top this?

I’m a teacher. Stress is just something I inhale like oxygen on a brutal climb.

funkmasterp

As long as it’s not Bear Grylls doing the climb. Looks like lil Funk has bronchillitis, so nothing serious. Just waiting for confirmation and to see if we can go home.

Mrs F sounds more human on the phone too. I’ve eaten all the toddler snacks from our kit bag. Not eaten since breakfast.

kimbers

Not me but a work colleague, she’s quite highly strung & is pregnant with 2nd child, still in counseling after 1st birth that saw her in ICU for days after.
    Her contract ends just b4 she’d be due full maternity pay & her husbands company laying people off, he’s just taken a demotion & paycut.
    Also We are under a lot of pressure at work pull off something that need 3x the staff.
    Her parents are carers for her sister who has serious mental health issues and no longer lets parents leave house or she will try and kill herself, colleague wants her hospitalised so parents can have life back and see grandaughter they barely know. But they’ve confirmed they won’t visit for Xmas.
    This weekend her father in law was arrested for multiple historical sexual assaults…..

So she made it into work today but has been signed off for a week

bikebouy
    Free Member

Erm… 😯

How do you put something like that into perspective ?

Cripes..

Other than the normal platitudes, I really hope you have some solid support mechanisms in place…

Bloody hell.

shermer75
    Free Member

Good work on getting Mrs F to a hospital. Nice save that!

senorj

Op- I sincerely hope your family heal quickly.
    I’m sat here waiting for my beloved uncle to die. Had my mother and aunty sobbing on the phone as he is screaming in agony and wouldn’t take pain relief until he’d sorted his legal affairs.Tipico!
    They don’t have the Liverpool pathway in Manacor, maybe the Bilbao , the nurses have told the family to say goodbye.
    This is the chap who first called me senor j …:-(

funkmasterp

Sorry Senor J, condolences to you and yours.

flashinthepan
    Free Member

Healing vibes to you funkmasterp.

In other Top Trumps Stress news, I’ve been dealing with surveyors and tree surgeons today after some pretty mahoosive branches come down on our house from a neighbour’s tree – due to weight of snow. Nobody hurt and damage much less than it could have been

funkmasterp

Lil Miss Funk and I are in for the night. Poor little girl is having trouble breathing and eating so the wonderful staff here have tubed her up. She’s not a happy bunny

sweaman2
    Free Member

Rubbish situation. Do get a bed? Or just sleeping in the chair?

sbob
    Free Member

My Dad’s old drag bike was in a set of top trumps.
    Your set sounds shit.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

NHS best break/fix business on the planet.

Get well

FB-ATB

My turn…
    My son has cerebral palsy, daughter is due to be assessed for Aspergers.
    In October my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer the day after our friends funeral who had died from…..breast cancer.
    Mastectomy and lymph node removal was 4 weeks ago. As it was in 4 nodes she had to have bone and body scan to see if it spread. Waiting for results of scans. Chemo and radiotherapy due in the new year.
    Apart from that everything is fine!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Stress Top Trumps’ is closed to new replies.