Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Strength based interview
  • DT78
    Free Member

Anyone had one of these? Used to CBI, never had a SBI. What questions were you asked? How did you find it?

footflaps

Three parts, Squat, Deadlift & Bench. Candidate with highest total gets the job….

IGMC….

TheBrick
    Free Member

It’s the type of thing that as long as you have done your prep planning,have your ducks in a row and are capable of some top draw blue sky thinking, you should be fine.

footflaps

have your ducks in a row and are capable of some top draw blue sky thinking, you should be fine.

Have you run that up the flag pole and seen if the paradigm will fly?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Anyone had one of these? Used to CBI, never had a SBI. What questions were you asked? How did you find it?

As a concept it looks quite interesting and not too complicated. What has your research come up with so far?

DT78
    Free Member

Read the first 10 links on Google….wondering if anyone had real life experience. Sounds a relatively new thing? I hadn’t heard of it before.

csb

Yes, I had one recently. Quite a departure from the competency questioning. They mixed the two styles so jumped from ”tell me about a time when…’ to ‘what do you think about…’. I’m so used to saying what I have done it felt strange being given a chance to say what I would do.

csb

Oh, apart from knowing your position on a number of scenarios affecting the company, there’s no preparation for these questions.

mattyfez

I bet they don’t even lift, bro.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Oh, apart from knowing your position on a number of scenarios affecting the company, there’s no preparation for these questions.

The only thing that you can do is to study yourself. You know the style of questioning and can pick a few scenarios that fit, but you can answer with conviction and enthusiasm, and also with a subtle tilt towards the position.
    Good luck.

shifter
    Free Member

First ever job – “put that bag of cement on your shoulder, put it down without splitting it, you’ll do”.
    It was a proper sized bag too.

Cougar

I suspect you’ll really need to ringfence the unicorn on this one.

ulysse
    Free Member

I often wonder if HR department types have achieved an HND in Tw*t.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

**** ing land lubbers eh

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Strength based interview’ is closed to new replies.