• This topic has 45 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by chip.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Street slang for punching is….
  • hora
    Free Member

‘Touched’.

Overhears this in the rough gym sauna. ‘He came at me so I touched him. He got back up so i touched him again’. Hopefully not in his special place.

Apparently tgis is a known (manc?) Or street term.

Tried not to show my mirth.

Jamie
    Free Member

Unless it’s a tactic for confusing an attacker. Guy throws a punch, so matey grabbed his cock.

I imagine that would make the whole thing awkward enough to defuse the situation.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Well it worked when that guy on the tube (subway?) pulled down a sex pests pants.

bigdean

If works anything to go by every other sentance includes “ebola” or “banta”.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

#Bantz

jimbobo
    Free Member

Could be worse. In castleford they call fighting “fisting”. A mate worked there for a bit and was shocked when one of the women in the office on a monday morning was moaning about the local police, who arrested her son for fisting with his brother. “you know what young lads are like, they have a few beers and all end up fisting!”.

funkrodent

Tapped as well. As in a fight I witnessed in West Didsbury (it can get surprisingly tasty in West Didsbury) where I overhead the protagonist say “I tapped him on the chin”.

No you didn’t, you absolutely leathered him one you f45k1ng nut!

Also like Clumped, from the old days..

Jamie
    Free Member

Big fan of ker-twatted, myself.

funkrodent

“you know what young lads are like, they have a few beers and all end up fisting!”.

That made me spit out my soup 😀

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

In Scotland you’ve been skelped

monksie
    Free Member

“Banjo’d” or “Dug him a ditch” (Stockport).

funkrodent

Now I come to think of it, donkeys years ago I got into an altercation with a bloke in London (of the Air Jordan, puffer jacket and sideways cap vintage) who threatened to “Touch me up, quick fist!”

It didn’t come to anything, but I can’t help wondering whether or not I completely misinterpreted what he was trying to say.

Perhaps I should have been flattered.. 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

rough gym sauna

😯

breadcrumb

How about “clout” for punch- which I’ve also heard as slang for a ladies special area.

“Pagger” for fight, Cumbrian again, but seems more towards Carlisle than oot west- think it’s called a “frisk” for Whitehaven/Workington.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

“Pagger” for fight, Cumbrian again,

I believe that a pagger/pagga must have at least three people involved.

breadcrumb

No mention in the dictionary?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I might be wrong. I would offer you a fight to resolve the issue, but there’s only one of you.

breadcrumb

As long as it’s not a fisting….

theotherjonv

Pagga in my book is mob based – seen a fair amount at the football in the 80’s. Usually involves more grabbing and pushing than punching.

But also, I give my daughters pagga nowadays now – which is play fighting / wrestling descending into ‘piling on’ with tickling and trying to pull my leg hairs.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

As long as it’s not a fisting….

*Slang anecdote*

A very attractive, blonde female American friend of mine was in the White Horse (Sloany Pony) some years ago, and while she already had a drink in hand was given another. Now, us British types might say, “Oh, no! I’m double parked”. She, however, used the American vernacular, just as there was a quiet moment in the pub;

“OH MY GOD! I’M DOUBLE FISTING!”

There was much mirth at her expense.

chip
    Free Member

“Licks”

Cougar

I was once walking through Burnley minding my own business, when a gang of lads proclaimed, “bump him” before proceeding to attempt to kick my head in.

Cougar

(they didn’t succeed, not because of my fighting prowess but because I possess a Rincewindesque talent for running away.)

samuri
    Free Member

If he touched him and he came back at him he clearly didn’t touch him in a manly way.

boxelder

‘Paggered’ in Cumbria (Carlisle) means knackered, as in “give us a l’aal rest, A’s paggered oot”
    So paggering is more like beating up.
    Clatter or clout is better for a punch – though we gentlemen of Cumberland don’t go in for such things.

Cougar

Too busy with your sausages I expect.

deluded
    Free Member

Dig.

As in – “he got a proper (genuine) dig in the chops”.

Proper and dig enunciated in best West Country invective.

teasel
    Free Member

“Banjo’d”

That sounds like an entirely new, very precise and rather excruciatingly painful slicing of a very sensitive area.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

‘Lomped’* Or ‘Lamped’ (if yam posh ayet?)

e.g.

‘Amyow lookin’ urruss or wha’? ‘Yow berra fookoff afore yow gerra lompin”

Or

(pointing at back eye)!: ‘Owjow get thet ?’

‘I got lomped In the faerce ferplayinmegob dayoi?’

*SW Black Country.

hora
    Free Member

Ah yes I lick your bum bum down? (Originated from Jamaica/that UK song Informer)

loddrik
    Free Member

‘banged’ or ‘sparked’ here in liverpool

beagle
    Free Member

Yep for banjo’d.

Lived in York for a while. ‘Bray’d’ seemed very popular. ‘He bray’d him’ got used a lot when the races were on!

breadcrumb

Not heard lamped in a while.

I worked in Carlisle for a while and a pagga/pagger was definitely a fight-
    “How did you get a black eye?”
    “Ah was in the gadgies knappa and sumyan started a pagga.”

I love Cumbrian dialect!

joolsburger
    Free Member

A very thoughtful chap offered to “weigh me in” once. I think he wanted to find out how much bigger than him I was before deciding to fight me.

monksie
    Free Member

“Weighing in” or “Getting weighed in” round here means to get paid. I believe it originates from the process of the scrap metal collectors taking their wares to the smelters in exchange for cash based on the weight of their consignments.

joolsburger
    Free Member

The English Language eh, taken to the cleaners then, any ideas on that one?

chip
    Free Member

Gave him a Luda is an expression my dad uses.
    But from my child hood aswell as lick, licks there was tump, tumps or tumping.

To lamp some one also but lamping meant to relax, doing nothing.

chip
    Free Member

Give someone or I got a pasting, that’s one of my dads also.

Scapegoat

Give someone some fist.

Lick him.

Spark him.

Bang him (out)

My favourite from my teen son was to declare that someone had received a particularly effective first punch knock-out… He one-bombed him.

Leathered and paggered here in West Yorks are interchangeable. It simply means to beat, no number or crowd-specific restrictions.

spud-face

Malvern Rider – Member

‘Lomped’* Or ‘Lamped’ (if yam posh ayet?)

wim posh up the bonk!

(proudly on show these last 2-3 years)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Street slang for punching is….’ is closed to new replies.