• This topic has 243 replies, 72 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Pogo.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 244 total)
  • Street Fighters
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

We all know who wins most internet brawls on here, even if it's by attrition.

But after recent threads I've noticed there are quite a few self-proclaimed successful street-fighters on here.

Who is the best? Any ex pro's or cage fighters around? Do you have any tips for a jessie like me?

wwaswas

I'm Joe Bugner and, unfortunately, so's my wife.

jon1973
    Free Member

I taught Chuck Norris everything he knows.

er..just don't tell him I told you that.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Hit hard, fast and often or stay out of trouble. Both work well.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Was briefly 4th in the UK for my weight (middle) kickboxing a while back and had many srteet scraps. As it's aimed at me and a few others I thought I'd step in and "help." 😉

My top tip – don't be so cynical 😉

My second tip – 99% of the time, just run away.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I don't eat rice cakes or quiche. nuff said no?

oh and I may have a double decker at about three o'clock. that makes me quadruple hard.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

The first rule of fight club……

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I've been in a few fights myself but none recently. Im not a "street fighter" in the typical sense, but I can hold my own.

6'2" and mostly muscle (less than 10% body fat) so I can have a fair good go. The thing with me is that I dont know any martial arts or anything like that "but he just went **** skitz" is what one of my mates said about me. No one likes a psycho and I reckon I could have most people who a trained in these so called martil art forms.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Surf-Mat – Member

I thought I'd step in and "help."

My top tip – don't be so cynical

My second tip – 99% of the time, just run away.

Nice pun, I need to try to be more subtle.
    Heh 8)
    Make that 100% for me…

Onzadog
    Free Member

First rule of self defence…don't be there.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Managed all my adult life without a fight. I feel sorry for people who cannot control their emotions [anger, rage did you insult my pint etc] and have to feel manly by fighting with other people to show their worth. I have real pity for people like that.

Milkie
    Free Member

I watch UFC, therefore I must be a really good fighter. 😆

warton
    Free Member

I reckon I could have most people who a trained in these so called martil art forms

Yes of course you could… after all they don't train to handle 'psychos' do they?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Junkyard – thanks for the sympathy… When someone attacks you and your girlfriend (now wife) for no reason and you incapacitate them, how is that being "out of control?"

When your sister gets attacked and you sort it out there and then, how is that "not controlling your emotions?"

When mates are set upon for no reason and you help them out, how is that "feeling manly?"

As a husband and a dad, I'd say one of the most important things is to be able to protect them (and close family and mates) in whatever way you can. Sorting a situation out quickly and effectively actually often stops things getting worse and out of control.

Onza – like it!

DT – you've really set yourself up there…

ojom
    Free Member

Do you live in the Bronx or somewhere?

RealMan
    Free Member

This thread is pointless. Lets all meet up, last man standing wins.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

What a load of old cock.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

This thread is pointless. Lets all meet up, last man standing wins.

Sounds good. You in for it too RM 😉 8 stone of pure psycho animal…

wwaswas

Surf-Mat – do you all wear signs saying 'kick me' or something?

RealMan
    Free Member

8.5, thank you very much.

BontyBuns
    Free Member

i'm a fan of Joe Rogan.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Surf-Mat – do you all wear signs saying 'kick me' or something?

No but my mates and relatives appear to do so. Working a door also results in aggro a fair bit. Always been brought up to defend myself and others so I guess these things happen.

Junkyard
    Free Member

you really are one unlucky person yet you strike a totally different tone from this

Went to Swansea Uni – English + surfer + student = aggro! TBH I got quite a buzz from it, sad as it may seem.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/are-we-getting-a-bit-to-precious-about-weight/page/4#post-1652026

which one is the correct version?
    I somehow survived a Wlesh Uni without a fight as well FWIW

Poopsies
    Free Member

I'm a (very amateur) kickboxer – light continuous. I can hold my own sparring etc but last time I got in a street fight (in Fort William after about 8hrs of drinking, I woke up lying in the street with a nice gash on my head and a lump on my jaw. I must have got one or two in as I had bruised knuckles but I'm guessing he caught me with a nice right hook.

And no, I didn't start it – I was defending myself – not very well as it turned out! The 3 Peaks was all the more fun with concussion.

ojom
    Free Member

I went to a welsh Uni too. (Aber)

No scraps though just booze, curry, triple vodkas etc

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

cockcockitycockcock

U31
    Free Member

When i was a kid, my mates Dad once told me "A wise man always walks away from trouble"

A good bit of advice that i've always took heed of.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Junkyard – what is your point? Uni scraps all involved (without exception) defending lairy mates.

DezB
    Free Member

"A wise man always walks away from trouble"

But a hard man gets stuck in 🙂

U31
    Free Member

An idiot does, yeah.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I saw a girl glass a bloke in a pub once. He'd been pestering her, and put his hand up her skirt. She had told him to leave her alone, so it was fair enough really. Petite little thing she was. Not the sort you'd imagine would resort to extreme violence. Even here friends were completely shocked. She just looked down at the bloke holding his face together, and said 'I told you to leave me alone'. It worked, because he didn't pester her again.

'Hard' isn't how many kick-boxing championships you've won, or how big you are. It's about how far you are prepared to go.

Woody
    Free Member

I quite often see the consequences of people who think they are hard. Some obviously are 'hard as …k' and were either outnumbered, unlucky or caught offguard and I pity whoever put them in the ambulance but………..

…….you wouldn't believe how many of them cry like little boys when they are out of sight of their mates/audience and want their Mum 😆

sor
    Free Member

There used to be "rules" for fighting, like,

1st Rule of fighting: Don't fight.
    2nd Rule of fighting: Use a weapon.
    etc.

I've done some martial arts and I thank all the Gods I've never had to use it on the street.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Hard' isn't how many kick-boxing championships you've won, or how big you are. It's about how far you are prepared to go.

Total cr4p. A chav that stabs/glasses someone for "dissing him" isn't hard – he's just a thick pillock. A guy that can stop a situation quickly and without extreme OTT violence is "hard" and level headed. Get someone on the ground in a lock and you've stopped a situation dead in it's tracks. Leave someone in a bloody mess and spend time inside and you are the loser.

Your "theory" is why so many little scraps turn very ugly these days. What might have been a scrap that's been "won" by a superior fighter now turns into a full on knife fight as no one wants to lose face.

That women wasn't "hard" – she just completely lost it and reacted completely stupidly IMO.

Poopsies
    Free Member

'Hard' isn't how many kick-boxing championships you've won, or how big you are. It's about how far you are prepared to go.

Exactly right.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Exactly right.

Exactly bollocks.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

I'm too pretty to punch.

However, if there's one thing I've learned it's that there is an even worse answer to 'Are you looking at my bird?' than 'Yes' and that is to answer with an incredulous 'No way!'. He won't like it and she will now be demanding that he hits you too.

U31
    Free Member

Lol, what woody said… a local nut case, i use that word, because he will resort to anything and he's behind 3 mysterious deaths that i know of, yet still walks free.. He once drove a transit van through a wall of a flat to get at someone, while a security guard looked on.. Loon ball.

He once got gobby to mates son in a pub, now normally this guys reputation is enough for most to back away, but mates son bounced him up and down. Properly.

Then went back the day after to do it again, to prove it wasnt just because the nutter was full of booze..

But i dont doubt that given the chance of using a weapon, the nutter would not have hesitated until my mates lad stopped breathing..

There is "hard" and there is "crazy" theres a big difference between em

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

There is "hard" and there is "crazy" theres a big difference between em

I walk the highway between them

FuzzyWuzzy

I think I've lost every street fight I've had as an adult, fortunately beer was always involved so masked any pain (it's been 10 years since the last one so I've grown up…).

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 244 total)

The topic ‘Street Fighters’ is closed to new replies.