Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Streaming Windows XP to Xbox ?
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I am using the Sufferfest DVD’s on my XP netbook, but would be easier if I could stream them to the Xbox and big TV.

I have managed to link the Xbox to the netbook, but how do I stream the video? In the Xbox menu I have managed to find a folder called My Documents which is apparently on the netbook, but there is nothing in it…

I’ve read about using Windows Media player too, but it wont let me drop the Sufferfest vids in to it?

What am I doing wrong ?

Ta

Stoner
    Free Member

Seen this?
    http://features.teamxbox.com/xbox/1392/Xbox-360-Windows-Media-Center-Setup-Guide/p1/

Cant particularly help with the XP bit as I run my xbox as an extender to my W7 machine which is running Windows Media Centre – and that all flies along.

BoardinBob

You could just put the DVD into the Xbox

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m guessing he has lost the DVD and only has his backup file (I’m sure they won’t be downloaded) if that fails burn to DVD

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Its not on DVD, its on the netbook hard drive, which doesn’t have a DVD player.

Thanks for the link Stoner, not looking promising on my XP version…

BoardinBob

I use Tversity to stream to the Xbox. Costs a couple of quid for a licence

Haze

Somewhere in windows media player there is an option to share media, You can select which devices can see which folders etc.

Can’t remember exactly where as I set it up ages ago and use a NAS these days.

Once you’ve found and configured it, it should show up in the video menu on your Xbox, under my video player or similar.

doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

I use serviio (infrequently) but it works as a dlna server. Website says it works with xbox too and the important bit is it’s free.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Doc – thanks that is working!

bikerdan
    Free Member

I never found a reliably way of doing it. Easier to put it on a usb stick and plugging it into the xbox.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Tried it tonight and it worked for 5 mins or so and then, kept freezing for very long periods of time. I’m guessing its either a buffering or the processing power of the netbook not being good enough.

Think I will try the usb approach next!

doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

How strong is the wireless reception and are you converting the format before streaming or playing the native encoding, see the options in the console. (native would use less cpu) Can you bung it on another machine on the network and stream from there?

I’ve had some issues with it but I think they are due to my dlna blue ray player. Normally works fine…but not always.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Streaming Windows XP to Xbox ?’ is closed to new replies.