Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Streaming Spotify to a conservatory.
  • Davesport

I’m a Spotify (fiver p/m) subscriber & can listen to music over any of the PC’s that are on network. I’d like to create permanent stand alone means of listening to Spotify in the conservatory. I’m not minded to have the Sonos system.

Ideally what I’d like is to have a pair of Hifi speakers with a small amp, the tunes being controled from an ipad. That way the ipad could be passed round for anyone to choose thier own music. Is this or something similar possible ?

Ideas & thoughts on achieving this gratefully recieved. D.

RealMan
    Free Member

Can be done on an ipod touch or iphone, but I think you have to pay the premium fee for the app (£10 a month – not sure?). Assume it would also work on the ipad.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Mintman
    Free Member

I know you don’t want the sonos system but it really does sound like the sonos box with built in amp (the one you attach speakers to) meets your requirements…

peterfile
    Free Member

i agree with Mintman, if you don’t already have any kit in your conservatory, Sonos will meet your requirements, and it’s a painless and effective solution.

Look at the Zoneplayer 120, which, as Mintman described, has a built in amp and sub. Just hook up a couple of bookshelf speakers and you’re good to go.

You don’t need to bother with the expensive Sonos remote, since there is an app available for Iphone/Ipad which works well.

TheFlyingOx

The Sonos thing is a marvel. Got my mum one for their conservatory and it’s great. Sounds miles better than you’d expect from a single box speaker setup.

If it absolutely has to be iPad controlled, then you’ll just have to buy the amp/speakers and cough up an extra £5 a month to get mobile Spotify.

EDIT: I reckon I misunderstood the original idea. How about a mini music-centre style PC box (you can get them for about £120 on eBay), a 5.1 sound system to plug into the back and the £2.99 Spotify remote app for the iPad.

Davesport

Thanks for the helpful replies 😀 I did’nt know the Zoneplayer existed 😳 It definitely looks like it’ll provide me with exactly what I’m trying to achieve. I’ll get myself to a proper audio/hifi shop when time permits.

Thanks again, Dave.

peterfile
    Free Member

I’ll get myself to a proper audio/hifi shop when time permits.

you would probably be better off picking one up 2nd hand on ebay. they are quite pricey new (for a bit of conservatory kit anyway).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Streaming Spotify to a conservatory.’ is closed to new replies.