Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Streaming music from phone to TV via USB?
  • pondo

Is this feat of witchcraft possible? I’ve uncovered accounts of a fabled app but can’t download it and the TV’s not playing. Context is I wanna play Spotify to a hotel telly through USB – surely we have the techkwnoledgey?

seosamh77
    Free Member

chromecast. It’s a wee dongle (plugs into hmdi, powered by usb) you can get a chromecast audio too, but no point in that if you are plugging into your tele.

control it with your phone or computer..

pondo

Cheers feller – I have Chromecast at home but am currently at a hotel and find myself in search of alternative needs. Seems an incredible oversight that you can’t stream via USB.

seosamh77
    Free Member

think you’d need a micro usb/hdmi cable them. would doubt usb would cut it, never actually tried, but I’d guess your phone would also need to support such a cable.

pondo

Think you’re right – just seems nuts you can’t stream over USB, I’m sure it wouldn’t be a problem if I’d saved tunes to SD and the telly saw it as a storage device. 🙁

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Does the chromecast have guest mode enabled? you might be able to connect like that
    https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/6109292?hl=en-AU
    Worth a shot

pondo

Cheers Mike, no Chromecast at the hotel. 🙁 There’s USB ports in the telly and a little Cisco box behind it, but no USB ports on that and my phone ain’t speaking to the telly. 🙁

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Streaming music from phone to TV via USB?’ is closed to new replies.