Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Streaming movies
  • mikey74
    Free Member

I’ve just cancelled my Lovefilm membership because their selection of movies to stream is rubbish.

Is Netflix any good for this? Are there any decent alternatives? I’m looking for both classic and up-to-the-minute movies.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

They’re all shite for movies once you’ve watched what you want. Listening to a lady from Netflix being interviewed a few weeks ago on the radio, Netflix seem to be going more towards exclusive mini-series type things and TV “events”. LoveFilm stagnated big style after the amazon takeover – I was waiting for something big to happen with it, but it never really improved, which was a surprise.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Try know how. It’s currys version. Just pay for each film.

mikey74
    Free Member

Any, erm *cough* download *cough* nudge nudge wink wink options?

mikey74
    Free Member

Bump!!

votchy
    Free Member

<cough>megashare<cough>

woody2000

NowTV seem to have the most up to date selection of the pay monthly services, give that a go? You can probably get a free month to try it out. I use it, happy with the service so far.

molgrips
    Free Member

The trick with Netflix is not to look for big name movies or even Hollywood ones. There’s tons of cool stuff on it that you’ve never heard of and hence won’t pick from the listings.

Another possibility is Sony’s Playstation Network offerings if you have the hardware.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I use Netflix which I like a lot, but it depends what you’re looking for. There’s a huge number of genres and sub genres available and you need to want to watch films you’ve never heard of, take a chance to really enjoy all the content imo. You do get a bigger choice/different films if you use a proxy/US DNS to trick the site into thinking your in America.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Streaming movies’ is closed to new replies.