Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Streaming iPhone music through Sony smart TV
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

We have a iPhone 5 and 4s in household, just got a new Sony smart TV and would like to play our music through the TV when we have people around

Is it possible? I’ve tried imediashare which works but only plays individual songs and not full albums etc, and even then after 1 song it switches back to TV mode

So it kind of works but is there another way so I just press play album and it does it in order and I don’t have to touch the iPhone again until the albums finished?

Any help appreciated

sharkbait
    Free Member

AppleTV or, if your TV has an audio input (either optical or not) Airport Express?

CountZero

+1 sharkbait.
    Is the TV your only audio source? Do you not have a stereo/AV system? Although, even with either of those, an Apple TV or Airport Express would still be your ideal option.
    Apple TV also gives you video streaming as well.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Chromecast or some other streaming stick/device. Why play music through crappy TV speakers though. Much better off with a Bluetooth speaker or some such, unless you’ve got a sound bar that is

jambalaya
    Free Member

Easiest way is to buy a £1.50 jack to jack wire and plug it into the audio-in socket your tv almost certainly has (my 5yr old sony has one), you might need to juggle settings a bit to stop the tv going to sleep when it’s receiving no picture. As per @sharkbait the rolls Royce solution is Apple TV which allows you to stream picture and video from your phone but as the to is smart you have that built in anyway.

EDIT: what @bimbler says too, I tend to play music through some stand alone speakers which also double up as audio out from tv which does have generally rubbish sound (convoluted iPhone stream to Apple tv to tv to audio out speakers !)

Slogo
    Free Member

3.5mm jack to phono is the best cheapest option.

stumpy01

Are there any Xperia apps available that’ll work with iPhones to let it talk to the Sony tv? My Xperia T has apps to connect to other Sony devices. Maybe they are available for Apple stuff too?

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Two methods I can suggest 1 connect it to one of the av ports and see if that amps up the input enough or try some kind of DNA server which the TV might have built in.

mav12
    Free Member

app called twonky beam should do it

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Streaming iPhone music through Sony smart TV’ is closed to new replies.