Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Strava withdrawl – recommend me a phone
  • thestabiliser
    Free Member

I’ve got chills, they’re multiplying and I’m losing control.

My 4 yr old locked me out of my ancient samsung and I had to factory reset it – consequently NO STRAVA!!! It’s been 3 weeks, I’ve tried mainlining domestos but it doesn’t even scratch the surface.

So, new phone time, I want cheap, no even cheaper than that and would really like a tablet for the reptiles but am guessing the ‘free gift’ offers are lies and evil.

I’m also a total luddite and apart from bike shopping and ladies in bikinis I’ve no idea what the internet is or is for. You kow the phones for old people they do now with big buttons and that, pretty much one of those but with strava, CRC/merlin and ladies in bikinis and satnav. Go!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Motorola Moto E is what I got recently. I;m not sure if it works on strava, but the GPS certainly works fine and the battery life is pretty good.

scaredypants

why can’t you reinstall strava on your current phone ?

xora

Motorola Moto E, 95% of top range performance for pennies.

I actually don’t even miss my Nexus 5 now I have my Moto-E

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Scaredy pants – it’s gone back to android 0.0000001 or sumfink. Dunno like I said I’m a luddite but it doesn’t like it. Not one little bit.

DTF,Xora Looks good, ticks all the boxes

cheap: tick.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Yeh, less than ninety quid a tesco, sim free. Only shitter is the camera really; no flash.

mattyfez

A factory reset won’t roll back the android version, it will just strip out all user data, customisations and accounts.

If you register your existing gmail account with it, you can reload strava back on.

TheDoctor
    Free Member

A factory reset won’t roll back the android version, it will just strip out all user data, customisations and accounts.

If you register your existing gmail account with it, you can reload strava back on.

When i had to reset my phone, strava decided the andriod version was too old and wouldn’t install again

tillyfishes
    Free Member

Moto E is brilliant but paying the extra $$ will get you an even better bang for buck (IMO) Moto G.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Why can’t you just update the version of android you are running? Makes no sense that a factory reset should prevent you running a particular app

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Strava withdrawl – recommend me a phone’ is closed to new replies.