Viewing 27 posts - 81 through 107 (of 107 total)
  • Strava will be the death of me.
  • brakes
    Free Member

I let anyone who has an account see my stuff and I’ve set up exclusions around my home and workplace. my name isn’t my real name either.

trail_rat
    Free Member

max security plus the max exclusion zone round my house and my office. so my rides all start in the village as oppose my house 😉

mcboo
    Free Member

Hah another Crouch End to City (Spitalfields) commuter here but I dont have Strava on the commute. Off to stalk brakes and flatboy.

Is great for getting PBs, I’m def getting a bit quicker stamping up Swains Lane.

will
    Free Member

mcboo – Member

Is great for getting PBs, I’m def getting a bit quicker stamping up Swains Lane.

Ah the monster that is Swains Lane. great little climb, winning time on Strava is good going!

theflatboy
    Free Member

i’m glad i asked you guys about security – i hadn’t clocked exclusion zones, that’s a good way of keeping it a bit more locked down. and mcboo, get involved – the more the merrier, just don’t take my highgate hospital KOM away!

mcboo
    Free Member

Ah the monster that is Swains Lane. great little climb, winning time on Strava is good going!

I wont be worrying the holder of KOM on that puppy anytime soon. I’m doing 8-10 laps once/twice a week in the evenings…..it adds upp to a fair bit of UP and Strava is great for letting you see yourself getting faster.

I’m 6’3 and 85kg – I’m reconciled to the fact that the laws of gravity mean I’m never going to be snapping at the heels of all you little guys on the hills. But at least I’m not a leprechaun.

charlierevell
    Free Member

Climbing Challenge (39% for me) is over, as is the 800km one (60%).

This months just looks stupid!!!
    Are they mental?
    Breaking it down I guess its just 300miles a week for a 5 week month, still silly for most.

Ride twice the distance of the Tour of California in May.

While some cyclists are gearing up for the AMGEN Tour of California, put yourself to the physical and hydration test with Nuun’s Twice the Tour challenge. Ride twice the distance that Tour riders will race between May 1 and May 31 – 1,479 miles total – and earn your challenge Finisher’s badge.

Worried about feeling up to the challenge? Nuun’s electrolyte enhanced tablets can help you stay hydrated to go the distance!

Stage 1 – 370 miles (595 km)
    Stage 2 – 370 miles (740 mi, 1191 km total)
    Stage 3 – 410 miles (1150 mi, 1850 km total)
    Stage 4 – 329 miles (1479 mi, 2380 km total)

crazy-legs

Well I’ve gone from 8th to 3rd on my local hill which I ride on my commute home. Going to have to ditch the rucksack and SS road bike and do it on the geared roadie now.

It’s getting to me… 😐

Dibbs
    Free Member

I went out on the MTB tonight and only did 17.9 miles, that’s dropped me to 728th in the Nunn Challenge 🙄 If I carry on at this rate I’ll be in the top 1000’s by the end of the week.

theflatboy
    Free Member

that’s exactly the process i went through this week, crazy-l. i got the KOMs though. 🙂

theflatboy
    Free Member

quite annoyingly, the exclusion zone round my house means i’ve lost one of my KOMs… 🙁

trail_rat
    Free Member

“Well I’ve gone from 8th to 3rd on my local hill which I ride on my commute home. Going to have to ditch the rucksack and SS road bike and do it on the geared roadie now.”

yup im averaging 30kph on a 9km flat segment on the way to work. thats 14th. KOM is 35kph- im so tempted to ditch the fixie with pannier and break out the carbon TT bike which i know is good for at least 25mph on that segment – ive been steadily picking off all the same guys KOMs round the city 😉

Itll be the death of me ! – 482nd on the nuun challenge atm ….

brakes
    Free Member

ok, so first attempt at a KOM this morning and didn’t know exactly where the start and finish were but managed 4th (out of 60) which is only 2s off the lead which I think is achievable. this could get addictive, but I’m determined to stick with the fixie rather than break out the roadie.

what does “SB” stand for after a segment title?

the exclusion zone round my house means i’ve lost one of my KOMs

I live at the top of a “mountain” but now it doesn’t record the times since I set up the exclusion zone.

legspin
    Free Member

I’ve just noticed someone has beat one of my KOM’s by one second. I wasn’t going to ride tonight but…………….

Dibbs
    Free Member

The weather’s rubbish so I’m not riding tonight and I’ve already dropped to 1290 😳

stever
    Free Member

I know nothing about these things. If I buy one of these more modern ‘mobile telephones’ will I be able to use strava on a 500MB/month tarrif?

I’m just a punter so I’m not going to be putting hours and hours onto the thing.

Waderider
    Free Member

I’m at 65th on Twice the Tour as I type. Fair chance of getting it as I only need to improve on Aprils ‘mileage’ by about 30%, and my miles tend to increase with daylight hours.

Need a faster bike though – using a Kaffenback built as a tourer. Weight 15kg. Quite comfy, but not good for winning segments. Got a few segments though, some of the local roadies would be pissed off if they saw me in action 😆

clubber
    Free Member

stever, yes, should be fine. just keep an eye on your data usage if you’re not sure.

scaredypants

stever

I doubt it’d be a problem anyway but if you have wifi at home you can run strava just as a gps and themn upload everything when you get back. I don’t enable 3G on my phone pretty much ever

stever
    Free Member

Great, will just GPS then and upload from home. Tried to buy the phone …and the Tesco payments thing crashed 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

2 KOMs and a 2nd on the way home – wahey!

theflatboy
    Free Member

yeah i noticed that – good effort!

i’m quite gutted, went for an extended spin home and wasn’t exactly racing but didn’t place a single time on a single segment… 😆 😳

molgrips
    Free Member

I might have to download this.

theflatboy
    Free Member

you do. excellent fun.

brakes
    Free Member

do it!

flatboy, might have to try some longer segments next – I only seem to place on the the short 30-50s uphill sprints*

*with a low ride count 😳

theflatboy
    Free Member

yeah there are definitely some interesting looking long ones, some that are worth planning a proper attempt at rather than just riding and checking success (or lack of!) when back home. got my eye on a few that are worth a shot!

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Most of the KOM near me are held by mates of mine who I ride with a lot. Since we are all in training mode, we’re all getting faster each week. Since I broke my wrist 3 weeks ago I’ve lost about half the KOMs I had 🙁

Viewing 27 posts - 81 through 107 (of 107 total)

The topic ‘Strava will be the death of me.’ is closed to new replies.