• This topic has 19 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by br.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Strava – Why don't people just go and race
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Laurens ten Dam’s Strava from this week

Read the link before posting!

Good to see him posting these up, his power data must be on another device but makes some interesting reading on some segments.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Love the fact he hit 68.2 mph yesterday. I rode the same mountains last year and struggled to get over 55.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

it’s the HR that scares me!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I have been following him through out the tour and it makes for interesting reading. Averaging 20 over that terrain yesterday is unbelievable an as for the heart rate…! 😯

I really hope more pros put their stats out there for us mere mortals to look at in amazement.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Jeremy Roy has some of his up, but nobody else. I’m guessing needing 2 devices puts them off, the team numbers will make more interesting reading

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Love the fact he hit 68.2 mph yesterday

That’s a mistake. It happens a lot in the Alps. I was out there two weeks ago and was getting Strava speeds of 60-70 every day, when the reality was mid fifties, off the same hill too (Madeleine).

If you look at the Strava performance graph in detail he’s getting genuine speeds of 57mph – which is still a good whack but not 68mph. Only Paul Sherwen thinks they do that kind of speeds off the Madeleine, which is only 10% max on the faster bits remember.

mrblobby
    Free Member

That effort must have produced some impressive spittle 🙂

gee
    Free Member

They said on the C4 coverage yesterday that they were hiring 70mph through the speed guns.

theotherjonv

I’m not on strava, do you have to have a log in to see hr data or am I missing something

mikewsmith
    Free Member

switch the elevation graph to performance and you should see the HR/Speed stuff

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Love seeing the pro’s data on a good day. Shows you what the human body is capable of if you put the training in doesn’t it?

STATO
    Free Member

switch the elevation graph to performance and you should see the HR/Speed stuff

Thats how you do it when logged in, you cant see HR if you dont have a login. Infact the whole layout is different.

andytherocketeer

You need to be logged in.

Dunno what device they use, but the GPS speed can be rubbish. I got 50.7 on a recent descent measured on a VDO wheel speed sensor, but GPS thingy reckons 62.6

Clue: I wasn’t going 62.6, and 50.7 might be a slight over-reading.

But sure on a good mountain descent, I remember Sean Yates claiming “a mile a minute” is what you can bank on.

DickBarton

I’ve no interest in racing…but I am interested in seeing if I’m improving…I figure the faster I ride something then I must be fitter and therefore better…Strava is a race against myself, but seeing other people’s times shows if I am improving in the grand scheme of things.

The Pros? Godlike performances and certainly very envious of their abilities…glad to see my max HR isn’t far off his…I ‘must’ be getting better!!! 😉

martinhutch

Laurens ten Dam’s Strava from this week

I hate people who just nip out on short rides just to nick a few KOMs.

DT78
    Free Member

Isn’t drafting a cheats way of getting KOMs?!

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Segment hunter!!!

steve_b77
    Free Member

My mate took one off him yesterday, he promptly took it back during the race

aracer
    Free Member

Love seeing the pro’s data on a good day. Shows you what the human body is capable of if you put the training in doesn’t it? use the right nutrition

😈

br
    Free Member

I’m not on strava, do you have to have a log in to see hr data or am I missing something

Just enrol, it’s free.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Strava – Why don't people just go and race’ is closed to new replies.