Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Strava.. where'd my segment go?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I created a segment 9 months or so ago, lost my KOM on it that I didn’t know I had by loads, got fitter, turned myself inside out to beat the KOM time, succeeded, now the segment’s disappeared..?

Wtf?

When I came to create it again, there was a longer segment that I still rode (but not flat out) that it hadn’t registered me as having ridden, but I clearly had.

scaredypants

any chance it’s been flagged as dangerous ?

or maybe they just hate you

imnotverygood

Is it just hidden?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

jam-bo

Probably hidden. Check your list of created segments.

allthepies
    Free Member

Wot CFH said.

molgrips
    Free Member

Weird.

I found other stuff I’d created, so thanks for that tip – but not this particular segment.

Very unlikely to be flagged up I’d say – it’s a bridleway climb in the middle of the woods, that doens’t get much traffic either on bike or foot.

paulwf

If there are several the same apparently they do delete the duplicates.
    Not seen it around here though – but if it is regularly used maybe they have

molgrips
    Free Member

There aren’t duplicates in the public area, otherwise I’d not have created it.

wwaswas

Create an otherwise identical one and add ‘GPS Corrected’ to the end of the name you used before.

It seems to be quite popular round here.

chakaping
    Free Member

Is it gone from your segments created list?

If so, the guys at Strava are toying with you.

darthshearer
    Free Member

Sometimes if there is some poor GPS data on the segment, e.g elevation, Strava bods will delete it.

molgrips
    Free Member

Hm.

It’s processed other people’s rides now and I’m second, despite beating the time I thought was the KOM but the actual KOM is much quicker, and set 2 years ago way before I thought I’d set mine and given myself a target.

Very confused now. Anyway – I have something to aim for now 🙂

You have to be Premier to download GPXs don’t you?

jam-bo

but the actual KOM is much quicker, and set 2 years ago way before I thought I’d set mine

someone may have joined recently and uploaded history of rides to strava.

whitestone
    Free Member

You have to be Premier to download GPXs don’t you?

Your own route or someone else’s?

On a normal account for your own rides you can download a GPX file but for someone else’s you have to create a route from it which you can then download. Strava will announce this in your activity stream as “Molgrips created the route: Got the hump”

molgrips
    Free Member

Someone else’s – just noticed this guy has done my local ride but with a nice looking extension in a wood I don’t know very well.

Thanks for the tip about route creation 🙂

scaredypants

someone may have joined found digital epo recently and uploaded history of rides to strava.

😀

jam-bo
    molgrips
    Free Member

found digital epo recently

Oh yeah, definitely, that’s it.

paulwf

The other thing is if you make a segment – it might show you as KOM until they have fully finished populating the leaderboard.

A recent segment I made immediately displayed my friend as having the KOM. A couple of days later several times over the past few years were above him.

larkim
    Free Member

Sometimes if there is some poor GPS data on the segment, e.g elevation, Strava bods will delete it

Elevation data won’t be poor on a segment as Strava uses its own database of elevation profiles.

allthepies
    Free Member

I have a Chrome extension which will allow non-premier users to download GPX data.

molgrips
    Free Member

On a normal account for your own rides you can download a GPX file but for someone else’s you have to create a route from it which you can then download.

Ah, only if their privacy settings allow, apparently.

ATP what’s the name of that extension?

EDIT hmm, I think I can figure out where he went using the heatmap overlay on the create new route option.

allthepies
    Free Member

EMailed you with info.

molgrips
    Free Member

Ta.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Strava.. where'd my segment go?’ is closed to new replies.