Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Strava type tracking for maintenance
  • roverpig

With fork manufacturers giving such short service intervals it would be handy if I could find out how many hours I’ve ridden on a given bike since I last serviced the forks.

I load my rides into Strava and specify which bike I used for each ride, but I can’t find a way to get it to just list the rides from one bike. I realise that I’ll probably need to keep a separate note of when I did he servicing, but just a list of rides filtered by bike would be handy.

persona
    Free Member

Strava already has the feature you crave. (are you on commission?)

There’s no need to look at what rides that bike has done though. if you really want to know EXACTLY what rides the bike has done simply look through your activity feed

in your profile, all your bikes are listed, simply click on the bike and add a component (in your case “Fork”) Strava will automatically log the mileage of the component, You can either add a new fork each time you serviced it or use the notes section to keep track of maintenance dates/mileage.

How many bikes do you have and how little riding do you do if you can’t remember roughly how much you’ve ridden them? the service intervals are only a guide you know.. if you only commute in the dry you won’t need to service your fork as often as if you mainly ride off-road in the wet.. even with a crappy Fox product.

roverpig

Thanks. That should do the job. It still won’t give me time, but I can make a guess for average speed that will be close enough.

You are right that I shouldn’t need a computer to keep track of this stuff, but I was surprised when I sat down to work it out (thinking that I’d only done an oil change a few weeks ago so had plenty of time) to find that I’ve already done 30 hours on that bike since the oil change (and over 40 hours on the other, Fox equipped, bike). Memory is obviously going in my old age 🙂

persona
    Free Member

like I said though.. service interval time is only a guideline, miles actually ridden matters more than time and what sort of terrain/conditions they were ridden in matters even more.. I’d have to service my fork every 10 days if I went by Fox’s service interval recomendations.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Strava type tracking for maintenance’ is closed to new replies.