Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • strava stalking – Why – some dude from Texas
  • MadBillMcMad

Just had all my recent rides given kudos by some no hoper from Texas, USA called Erik Binggeser.

Has he got nothing better ?

Why would you ?

martinhutch

Sounds like a spoof name. Could be Lance. 🙂

davidjey
    Free Member

Yesterday I had some bloke from Israel request to follow me. For the second time after I ignored the first.

He’s one of these people with 2000 followers and 200000 following. I don’t get it either. (EDIT: ah, I read the other thread, now I sort of get it. Still don’t really see much likelihood of people getting much out of it tho)

BoardinBob

Anyone else got Bernd Ludwig?

Gave me constant likes despite me being in Scotland and him in Germany.

Just had a quick peek at this profile

Following: 12
    Followers: 2158

🙄

Some folk just love the attention

theboatman
    Free Member

A new lass joined our team at work, decent cyclist. So to be cordial strava follows were added alongside another lad at work. Within 24 hours her none cycling bit DV’ie other half was following me and the other lad, immediately giving kudos and commenting indepth on the rides. Was odd but became a bit of a joke between me and the other lad. But as soon as she got another job, she and him were gone from strava, weirdos.

whitestone
    Free Member

I think someone has found a way to manipulate the Strava API. I’ve had a few in the past few months ranging from semi-pro cyclists in Belgium to “adult entertainers” from Los Angeles to now Erik Binggeser.

My commute home must be very interesting to some people for some reason.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Every ride I put on strava is private. All my history is now private and I still get random requests from riders.

Plenty from America, this week a guy from Israel.

I do rack up some miles and some climbing, and ride a top 100 climb every day so assumed it was that when my rides where visible. But now it’s private It must be coding.

adsh
    Free Member

Just been requested follow by a workmate. Note to self – do not upload sicky rides.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I didn’t know that kind of ride counted on Strava. Presumably the horizontal value is 0 but the vertical delta could be several hundred meters…?

I’ll get my waterproof coat.

antares
    Free Member

Anyone else got Bernd Ludwig?

Ha I always get a bit of kudos from Bernd 🙂

davosaurusrex

adsh- just make those rides private. It is a bit of a pain though (so my skiving mate tells me). I he makes them public a week or so later when no one is paying attention…

nbt

Ahah! Mr Bingesser has just gone click happy and Kudossed twent-seven of my recent rides…

philstone

33 of mine.. Annoying when my phone goes into meltdown with Strava notifications and email notifications from Strava!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘strava stalking – Why – some dude from Texas’ is closed to new replies.