Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Strava segments
  • simmy
    Free Member

After a visit to Nans grave yesterday on the bike, I found out that someone has created a segment for a lap of the cemetery.

I find this a bit weird and disrespectful as Ive visions of someone flying round trying to get a PB whilst families are attending to graves etc.

Anyone else found segments in strange places ?

bitasuite
    Free Member

I got the Hythe ferry to work this morning and there is a segment on the peir. It’s slippery at the best of times and a road bike tyre fits between the gaps in the planks! Treacherous!

deadkenny
    Free Member

I created one for my hospital run from Swinley to Frimley Park Hospital, as it must be a common route. It got flagged though as the roadies can’t compete with an ambulance 😆

whatnobeer
    Free Member

There used to be about 10 different segments all over the Tay Road Bridge in Dundee. It’s very narrow and is dual use. They were obviously getting flagged so each segment had a title along the lines of “Tay Road Bridge – Safe”, “Tay Road Bridge Don’t Flag”, “Tay Road Bridge IF SOMEONE FLAGS THIS AGAIN” :p

taxi25
    Free Member

All the flagging as unsafe is pointless now. Just tap the disclaimer and the segment comes back to life 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Strava segments’ is closed to new replies.