Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Strava – segment has stopped accepting times
  • NewRetroTom

There is a segment local to me which is fairly hotly contested. I’ve ridden it a couple of times in the last couple of weeks and noticed that Strava didn’t give me a time for it. I first thought it was just dodgy gps data from my ride, but now I can see that on the segment page it says nobody has ridden it in the last month.
    This is a ride which dozens of people do on a nice evening and at least a few of these will be using Strava.
    The segment page is here: http://app.strava.com/segments/723687
    It says the last person to ride it was on 1 May. The road hasn’t changed, could the segment have changed somehow? Has the creator locked it? Any other ideas?

Pook
    NewRetroTom

Lulz 😆

jekkyl

There’s one like that near me, marked as dangerous or summit, goes past a speed camera![*]

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Does it matter?

NewRetroTom

Funkydunk – in the grand scheme of things no, but I was interested to compare my efforts this year to last to see if I’m quicker or slower. This is the whole point of Strava really.

cchris2lou

drop an email to strava .

they take a few days to reply but are helpful .

captcaveman
    Free Member

Why not recreate it as a private segment, that way you can compare all of your previous times and current progress, and no-one will ever be able to take away the satisfaction if you beat the KOM!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Order just create a subtly different segment full stop?

clubber
    Free Member

It’s usually where it’s now been marked as hazardous IME.

Haze

just create a subtly different segment full stop?

Or create an identical one that ends 50 metres sooner.

It’s the Srava way!

AlexSimon

On the latest iPhone app, it now tells if it’s been marked hazardous.

We’ve had someone mark every cheeky trail in the area as hazardous. Kind of takes the shine off it.
    Strava say they’re working on a new system, so that one individual can’t have such a big effect, but I can imagine there are legal ramifications.

zilog6128

If by “cheeky trail” you mean “footpath” then that is fair enough IMO.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Strava – segment has stopped accepting times’ is closed to new replies.