Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Strava – Recording Laps
  • singletrackstinker
    Free Member

Does anyone know how strava handles multiple laps of the same circuit? Does it display results for the segment each time you go through it or just show you your best time for the segment?

Presumably you can get round this by starting and stopping strava at the end of every lap but it’s a bit fiddly when you’re caked in mud.

Thinking about how it would handle a few laps of BPW… I’d be interested to see how my time improves as i get to know a particular run better.

FWIW I won’t be charging round shouting STRAAAAAAAAAAVAAAAAAAA!!!! so please don’t flame 🙂

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I’ve set up a segment for a local loop which is 4.2km long. Exactly the same as you I just wanted it to record times over different months/years to see how I compared against myself so kept the segment settings to private.

It does display each loop as a separate timed run. So most times I’ve ridden my loop I’ve got 3-5 runs each with the same date but each with an individual time (2nd lap is normally the speedy one). It all pretty much works how you’d want it to.

Unfortunately it was so long ago that i set up the loop that I’ve forgotten how i went about it, but you can definitely do what you want to do, so its worth a little explore in strava.

miketually
    Free Member

It records every one, but only shows the best on the ride page list. If you go to the segment page, choosing MyResults shows all of your results for that segment including, I’d guess, multiple times in one ride.

mrhoppy

It shows the time for each run you do of a segment, so multiple runs in one ride are recorded. It will do what you want it to.

stever
    Free Member

It just does it, go and try it. I have a hill nearby with 800 ascents, 250 are mine 🙂

miketually
    Free Member

Here’s a rid where I rode the same segment (Section 13) three times: http://www.strava.com/activities/13640425

All three times are recorded and shown.

singletrackstinker
    Free Member

Thanks all, much appreciated.

aracer
    Free Member

It records every one, but only shows the best on the ride page list

For me it shows every lap on my ride page – have just checked a ride where I was doing laps of a 1.1km circuit which I set up as a segment (actually public, but nobody else has ridden it) and they’re all shown.

miketually
    Free Member

For me it shows every lap on my ride page – have just checked a ride where I was doing laps of a 1.1km circuit which I set up as a segment (actually public, but nobody else has ridden it) and they’re all shown.

Yeah, I couldn’t check at the time as Strava seemed to be down, but it’s back now and you’re right.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Strava – Recording Laps’ is closed to new replies.