Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Strava question, rebuilding a ride.
  • righog
    Free Member

Been using Strava for a week or so, just to track the rides.

Was in a bit of a hurry this afternoon and left my phone in the car, is there a way I can re build the ride and then transfer it to strava ?

I know this is old stuff to some people but I am new to it.

I have used this in the past to work out routes is there something similar I could use that will transfer the route to strava ?

G map pedometer

somouk
    Free Member

You could try exporting as GPX and then importing in to Strava.

colournoise

IIRC Endomondo will let you enter a route manually. You can then export to .GPX and upload to Strava.

Will get you the route, distance and an estimated elevation, but speed, etc. will obviously be less accurate.

righog
    Free Member

Thanks, 😀 I will give it a try

philb88
    Free Member

You can crop a ride in Strava.
    Have done it before after leaving Strava on and driving home!
    Open your ride in Strava and there’s a spanner symbol on the too left menu. Crop or delete ride is up there.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

If you create a route in Endomondo it applies a linear speed so you will be great on climbs and average on descents! It might kick off a few alrets and your results will be guff so make the ride private. That will log your mileage but not put you in leaderboards.

stoney
    Free Member

Just wondering “why you would bother”!!!!. 🙄

I mean, is it really that important that yo have to go to the lenghts of “uploading” to GXP, and then to STRAVA!!!

come on… really, is it that important…. 😉

njee20
    Free Member

You can add a manual activity in Strava, if you know distance etc. but short of writing the GPX it obviously won’t have any data you don’t add in yourself.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Strava question, rebuilding a ride.’ is closed to new replies.