• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Strava Question
  • steve-g
    Free Member

Right, used Strava for a while on my iphone, recently switched to android and the app updated and now has some new features. One of these is the plotting of your pace against all previous runs of the same route, this is where my issues start.

The course I run takes me through a built up area and the signal gets a bit lost and can lead to some fairly weird zigzags in my route adding anything up to maybe 1.5k to my actual distance. In the past I didn’t care as I could just wait until I got one accurate reading, use that as my real distance and then work out my times vs that to see how I was doing.

What is happening now though, is that Strava is recognising that I have run the same route multiple times, despite the fact that one one day it told me this route was 8.4k, and then the next time I do the lap it says it is 9.6k etc etc. Then it calculates how quick I am based on a pace per km, based on the wildy different distances. This means some of my slower runs will show on the pace graph over time as being my faster runs and vice versa.

I know I could still use my old method of working it out myself, however I would prefer to get Strava to do it for me, is there anyway I can tell it to base its calculations of the correct distance, or tell it in advance I am going to be running a certain route so if in doubt don’t include these ridiculous jumps that see me doing 1 minute ks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Strava Question’ is closed to new replies.