Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Strava Premium – is it worth upgrading to paid version?
  • easygroove
    Free Member

I’m a fan of the free site, just wondering if the paid version really offers much benefit over the free version? I ride road mostly w HRM but no power meter.

Given they are a small company with a great free product, should i pay for the premium version as a gesture of good will? Its not that much i guess.

Anyway, views or thoughts please.

Thanks

aidanoggy
    Free Member

No, the extra you get isn’t worth paying for, unless you have a power meter, maybe.

If you want to support them , then that would be a good reason to pay I suppose.

aidanoggy
    Free Member

Double post

mrmo
    Free Member

although they have now added route planning, so if that is important to you?

jkomo

You can also compare your times in a segment to
    See how you improve.
    I haven’t paid yet, waiting for garmin and HRM.
    Try it for a month.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

They have shut down all the sites that used to allow a strava ride to be imported and converted to Tcx/gpx, it seems the only way to now do this is by being a premium member.

Dibbs
    Free Member

You can also compare your times in a segment to
    See how you improve.

That’s free (well it is for me).

Haze

Route planning and Gpx import/export is free with RideWithGPS, all premium offered was a few more filters and a suffer score to tell me how hard I’d just ridden. Like I didn’t know.

I spend the 4 extra dollars on TrainerRoad, it’s not Strava but has proven a far more useful resource.

stufive
    Free Member

I paid the premium as so i can directly download other peaples gpx routes

bartimaeus
    Free Member

Strava ‘Heatmap’ (not quite as good as the disabled Multiple Ride Mapper) is also being moved to Premium 🙁 I shouldn’t complain as the free Strava is excellent, but taking away stuff is a bit off.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

Nope – nuff said!

simonside
    Free Member

Pay for strava! Why not pay to put the trails right its spoilt?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Pay for strava! Why not pay to put the trails right its spoilt?

I’ve never seen Strava out on the trails…

Mackem

No, but i did for a few months, just seemed reasonable to contribute to something I use a lot.

taxi25
    Free Member

Probably not “worth” it. But I use strava a lot and went premium just to support it.

KevinPP
    Free Member

I got p1ssed one night and pressed the button. Not regretted it though. I like the additional info on HR which is useful to have alongside the ride. Suffer score seems a bit random. Will probably keep it.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Strava Premium – is it worth upgrading to paid version?’ is closed to new replies.