• This topic has 47 replies, 39 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by longj.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Strava Premium is it worth it
  • burnsybhoy
    Free Member

Veloviewer Pro is pretty decent for £9.99 a year.

mooman
    Free Member

I don’t pay for the premium strava. Firstly because I don’t want to give my bank account details out anymore than necessary and secondly strava is not that important.
    There are other free apps offering a similar thing, so strava is not unique.
    I think it would make more sense to donate £4 a month to some charity than strava if you really want to give £4 away.

scotroutes

Mister P
    – No. I upload via Connect and it automatically updates both Strava and Endomondo. I’m.not a P over there.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    whitestone
    Free Member

I’ve not upgraded to a Premium account as the basic free account offers so much. There’s a few things that I might be interested in like filtering on age – when you are in your mid fifties it might be satisfying to see that all those ahead of you on a segment are 25 year old whippersnappers. Or not!

You can grab a route as GPX/TCX in the free version but it’s a bit of a faff. Select the ride, click the spanner icon and choose “Create Route”. Follow the prompts and at the end you can download a TCX or GPX file. The “problem” if it is one is that you get a “XXX created the route YYYY” appear in your ride history. You can delete it by going: Dashboard -> My Routes and looking for the spanner icon in the top right of the map for the route, click that and chose “Delete Route” but it still appears in your ride history so there’s not much point!

h1jjy
    Free Member

£2 pound a pint is the norm for bitter around where I live

DT78
    Free Member

I set up garmin express and linked it up to strava. As soon as I get to my door and save my ride on the 1000 it autos uploads to both strava and connect. Nifty. Isn’t a premium thing.

wilburt
    Free Member

I choose to give Strava £4 a month for what I’m not sure, I have no view on those who choose not to unless they criticise my choice in which case I think their probably cretins.

longj
    Free Member

For folks who want to download other peoples rides (but don’t have premium) then this 3rd party site works: http://strava-tools.raceshape.com/vpu/

It downloads as a crs file. I can’t remember if the file works as is or if you need to convert to gpx first. There are free sites that will convert for you if need be,

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Strava Premium is it worth it’ is closed to new replies.