Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Strava OS map overlay
  • freeridenick
    Free Member

Used to be one on Veloviewer, but doesn’t work anymore.

Any other way of doing this . cheers

nickjb
    Free Member

Alpine quest will do the Strava overlay but I don’t think it does OS so I use it with open cycle map which works ok.

warns74
    Free Member

You can upload the gpx file to Bing Maps via the ‘My Places’ function then choose 50k or 25k OS base maps.

mark90
    Free Member

I use Locus maps app on phone with Bing OS maps and Strava heat map as an overlay.

freeridenick
    Free Member

great, thanks all – will check it out

roverpig

OS maps are still working fine for me on veloviewer

freeridenick
    Free Member

have you got the link roverpig ?

kcal

they don’t have the plug-in on Strava view itself, on the veloviewer activity view only.

roverpig

Yes, I’m just logging on to the veloviewer site. Selecting the activities tab then selecting an activity. I can choose a few options for the map, including OS.

freeridenick
    Free Member

Ah OK, Ideally I want to overlay someone else’s ride…

kcal

yes, that was useful!!

tomnavman
    Free Member

Are you strava premium?

I download the ride to GPX, then upload it to bikehike.co.uk which has OS & Google Maps views.

welshfarmer

Alpine Quest handles OS just fine. I have the whole of Wales and most of the interesting bits of the RoUK at 1:25K on the SD card of my phone at all times. HOWEVER…. the only OS maps that work with it are the Memory Map QCT map files which were distributed to use on PC about 10-15 years ago so some of the road network is starting to get dated around big towns. If you can find someone with a copy of the .qct OS maps on a PC then it is just a small jump to having them on your phone and using AlpineQuest to view them.

I only ever record my rides on the OS basemaps as gpx files in AQ and then load them into strava on the PC at a later date.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Strava OS map overlay’ is closed to new replies.