Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Strava- not showing right times on leaderboard
  • alric
    Free Member

on Strava, on some sections, in my fastest times it says All-Time PR 1:16 , but on the full leaderboard, I look up 1.16s, and it doesnt show me.
    Also,on another trail, its Your PR 59s ,but beside that, it says This Effort, 55s.
    etc etc

So why dont my best times show?
    Are they auto updated, or do I have to do something?

sirromj

Accurate leaderboards are a premium feature*

*not actually.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

It sounds like you’re taking it too seriously.

CraigW
    Free Member

On the segment page, click actions then “Refresh my results”.

starrman82
    Free Member

Strava never lies..

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

It takes a while to update the leaderboards.

and

It sounds like you’re taking it too seriously.

alric
    Free Member

it was a while ago

craigW- I cant see actions/”Refresh my results” on my segments page
    I was a premium member, but I suspect it only lasted one year. or one month

edit- found Actions- its on the this ride page.

jonnyboi

If your rides are private they won’t show on the leaderboard even though it gives you a PR

alric
    Free Member

so I refreshed but its made nod ifference

gwurk
    Free Member

*whispers* “it never has shown accurate times”.

But… “Ssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh”…

survivor

Try setting the ride to private, save it then undo private and save. Worked for me in the past.

alric
    Free Member

joonyboi- I’ll check that thnx

jam-bo

people only say that when strava tells them they are slower than they think they should be. but shhhhhhhh… 😉

handybendyhendo
    Free Member

You are looking at this years boards and your time was in the ‘all time’ board as it was in a prior year?

If this is correct can I get a KOT award?

perditus
    Free Member

my strava for my last ride told me my max speed had been 116kph. I run strava from an android app and I did drop my phone on a stop when out on the ride so I’m guessing that was the rate at which my phone hit the deck .. I’m sure I would have remembered 116kph otherwise.

I’ve just been through this with Strava support. If you have marked the ride as “Hide from Segment Leaderboards” then it’s hidden from your own leaderboards as well as the public ones. This will give you the behaviour you are seeing.

On the right side where the segment leaderboard is listed along with your current position, that PR is the best time you’ve completed on a segment that’s available to the public and not hidden from the leaderboard. The time on the left side is your time for the effort on the activity you are viewing.
    If the activity is hidden from the leaderboard, you will still see all of the segments and your times for the efforts on them but they won’t be posted to the segment leaderboard. If you edit the activity and uncheck the hide option then you will see your time show up on the segment leaderboard and also as your PR for that segment as well.

slowbloke
    Free Member

perditus
    my strava for my last ride told me my max speed had been 116kph. I run strava from an android app and I did drop my phone on a stop when out on the ride so I’m guessing that was the rate at which my phone hit the deck .. I’m sure I would have remembered 116kph otherwise.

Pre Strava days my old phone registered 342mph during a crash (caused by picking up a branch through the front wheel) on iBikeRide. I’m pretty sure none of me was moving at that speed or I’d have been hurt 😆

alric
    Free Member

yes, I just made a few of my rides public, and it changed my leaderboard status

also cropped a couple of rides where I forgot to switch strava off before I drove off

Next question is how do I search for my best ever time on a section?
    without meaking every ride public

pickle
    Free Member

Sack it off and just enjoy the ride

scotroutes

Next question is how do I search for my best ever time on a section?
    without meaking every ride public

Use VeloViewer for all sorts of stats and analyses.

whitestone
    Free Member

Next question is how do I search for my best ever time on a section?without meaking every ride public

Find a ride with the section/segment you want to look at and open the ride. Click on the segment, you’ll get a panel showing lots of info about the segment. At the righthand side is the leaderboard. Click on “Show full leaderboard”. In the new screen there’s a graph showing your efforts on that segment which will include your PR. This works regardless of the ride being public/private.

But, as Scotroutes says, VeloViewer has loads of stats about your rides. For £10 a year it’s much better value than Strava premium.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Strava- not showing right times on leaderboard’ is closed to new replies.