Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Strava, no segments found …grrrrr
  • drummer
    Free Member

So, I thrash round my local from the door loop last night, beast myself on all the segments, get home hoping to see some new personal records etc but ‘no segments found’
    It recorded the loop but didn’t recognize that I had completed any segments
    Really annoying, what am I doing wrong ?

Pook

Strava.

creamegg
    Free Member

Going too slow?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    allthepies
    Free Member

+1 – Beasted myself on two segments, deffo KOM time on one of them (used stopwatch) and after the upload, nadda!

All part of the fun though IMO 🙂

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Same issue myself, someone told me its GPS drift??? There’s a segment I was after that’s about 20 metres from a main road, the KOM is blatantly on a road ride and yet his route gradually drifts into the woods and he gets KOM by 6mph faster than anyone else.

I guess this means you can drift away from a segment as well.

drummer
    Free Member

I know Strava is only for fun, but it’s really frustrating when you nearly kill yourself and it doesn’t even register !
    Anyone know how big the area is where a segment starts ?

zilog6128

Shit phone?

scaredypants

awww, poor you 😥

you could create your own segments based on your recent ride and they might pick up all the other folk who’ve ridden the original segment

unklehomered
    Free Member

I’m currently being vexxed by its refusal the see the difference between people who take the long official version of a trail near me, and those who short cut the last few hundred metres by going straight down rather than along to a switchback and back again…

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

It’s that time of year when the leaves are thick on the trees, all part of the challenge really I suppose. For what it’s worth I’ve seen a car (outside aerial) GPS have a 7 or so satellite fix then drop to 2 when I put my hand on it, you can imagine the damage a few tress/hills/buildings can make to a phone/hand held GPS device.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Use the following site:
    http://strava-tools.raceshape.com/snap/

Grab the Strava URL for your ride, enter it in the site, play with the route, save the new route, load it into Strava again.

Done.

Dibbs
    Free Member

This may be able to help you when it’s working again http://strava-tools.raceshape.com/snap/

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Is it currently not working then Dibbs?

allthepies
    Free Member

the raceshape thing only works for road rides though doesn’t it ?
    i.e. using roads/tracks which appear on google maps.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

SNAP only works on the road IIRC? Unless your trail appears on google maps
    it won’t find it.

Now repeat after me…….. It’s only Not even[/i] a game!

MadBillMcMad

note that if (& you should have ) a privacy setting around you home postcode (& all your mates houses) thyat it will not register segments for those.

drummer
    Free Member

Tried Raceshape, it will only snap onto roads whereas I was offroad ( under trees )
    Using iphone 5
    Go out and hammer it again tonight and keep fingers crossed ?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Strava, no segments found …grrrrr’ is closed to new replies.