Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • strava nerds: achievement map
  • jam-bo

looks like a new addition to the strava labs

http://labs.strava.com/achievement-map/

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m running low, next aim get one on every continent.

njee20
    Free Member

I suspect if you’re a pro that looks really good!

Mine really doesn’t, 45 in the south of England, and one on a ski lift in France 😳

wwaswas

My goal;

I’m running low, next aim get more than one on every continent.

thomthumb
    Free Member

i have one, near work.

Pretty poor. 🙁

chakaping
    Free Member

Hmmm, needs to show top 10s to be more satisfying.

nemesis
    Free Member

A good idea but mine looks rubbish as I only have one KOM (and I expect that’ll go soon enough…)

If they extended it to top 10s maybe…

njee20
    Free Member

**goes to check if Nemesis’s KOM is nearby**

munrobiker
    Free Member

It would be nice if they counted your top tens, and there was a way to look at all your current top tens somewhere on their sites on the map or in a list rather than just KOMs.

allthepies
    Free Member

I have 3 woop! Including one which must be on a newly created segment as I was unaware of said KOM 🙂

Yak

hmmm, mine looks rubbish – 15 in the same area in the south. Like the Strava equivalent of not getting out much. I’ll check Mrs Yak’s as she has 9 pages of them all over the country so that might look more interesting.

soma_rich
    Free Member

I only have one on a little bit on singletrack near me that not many people know about 🙁

gazman428
    Free Member

mine are all om a bridelway near work, not exactly hard

AlexSimon

Oh – it’s just KOMs
    (shuffles off)

It’s much more rewarding ego massaging looking at Veloviewer’s Position Score.

jamesfts
    Free Member

Another one for the Strava willy wavers…

KOM club

We’ve been playing with the API from Stava for a while now and built the site above as a bit of fun, very much work in progress and open to suggestion on features/what people would want to get out of it.

We’ve actually had the activity map up and running for quite a while now but are looking to add links to the segments along with more info soon.

Next in the pipeline is to add a way of searching for segments where you’re in with a chance of getting the KOM, either by overall time or percentage from current KOM.

Feel free to join, more the merrier!

cchris2lou

11 kom all in same place. Pretty poor.

617th on kom club.

njee20
    Free Member

304th on KOM club 🙁

bigyinn
    Free Member

26 KOMs, all over the IOW. Quite pleased with that!

timb34
    Free Member

Mine looks even more tightly packed than njee’s!

Must get away more.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

*Willie waving big time*
    203 in Lancs/Yorks, 15 in Cumbria – 69th in league table 8)

njee20
    Free Member

Good effort sir!

deadkenny
    Free Member

AlexSimon – Member
    Oh – it’s just KOMs
    (shuffles off)

Same here (shuffle shuffle)

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

82 days since my last KOM!

Hmmm, time for some strategic riding I think 😀

Checks back on Strava, hmm that’s not correct, 6th Dec.

njee20
    Free Member

123 for me, just can’t muster the speed in winter! I feel that KOM season is nearly upon us again though 😀

hjghg5
    Free Member

33 England, 5 Ireland, 3 near the France/Belgium border and 4 on Gran Canaria

wwaswas

My problem is (along with general crapness) that there’s very few segements I ride that don’t have hundreds if not thousands of people logged as riding them. Not many of them have to be any good before us mere mortals slip way down the list.

I think one of my best acheivements on Strava was to get a top 20 on a sprint climb that’s been ridden by over 2500 people.

None of the above stops me being in 1261st place on the KOM site though 🙂

Yak

hmmm, 532nd in the KOM Club and the last one 58days ago.
    Definitely not KOM season right now 😉

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

727th with 11 KOMs, more than half of them NOT segments I’ve created myself!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Hmm. Few dotted about England, some in Wales, Scotland & a few in the Alps.

Seems like i’ve lost a few recently too! Not very many though. I’m amazed i’ve got a road one too!

jamesfts
    Free Member

Seems like i’ve lost a few recently too!

This seems to be a bit of a theme, would a way of looking up segments that at some point you’ve held the KOM on but lost it be of interest… like a ‘KOMs you’ve lost’ section?

njee20
    Free Member

727th with 11 KOMs, more than half of them NOT segments I’ve created myself!

I’ve never created a segment, unless it’s one into your garage why would it be more likely you’d be KOM on a segment you created?

jam-bo

Top 10’s would be useful

jam-bo

I’ve never created a segment, unless it’s one into your garage why would it be more likely you’d be KOM on a segment you created?

Strava auto-creates segments on climbs over a certain height/length I think. If you ride off the beaten track a bit it’s quite easy to have KOM’s on a segment thats only been ridden once.

mogrim

That KOM club is a bit depressing 🙁

jamesfts
    Free Member

Top 10’s would be useful

That’s something we thought we would integrate with the segment hunter/finder update, a way of finding segments that you’re either in the top X places or X% of the current KOM.

And yes, was much less depressing when it was just those of us in the office signed up… I still wasn’t 1st sadly!

jam-bo

One thing I also thought would be interesting is a plot of the times distribution on a segment and where you fall on it.

njee20
    Free Member

Strava auto-creates segments on climbs over a certain height/length I think. If you ride off the beaten track a bit it’s quite easy to have KOM’s on a segment thats only been ridden once.

Fair enough, it was the inference from MBs post that people with lots of KOMs are likely to have been creating them that confuddled me, but yes, I can see if you’ve got loads where you’re the only person it’s a little meaningless!

One thing I also thought would be interesting is a plot of the times distribution on a segment and where you fall on it.

Veloviewer used to do all that, it’s a real shame they now charge for it, as it was mildly interesting, rather than a service I want to pay for. Perhaps once spring is here and I’m going a little quicker I may pay, it’s useful to see those segments you’ve nearly got!

AlexSimon

Veloviewer used to do all that, it’s a real shame they now charge for it, as it was mildly interesting, rather than a service I want to pay for.

I thought that too, but it is only £10 or something. Now that I’ve paid, I’m glad.

njee20
    Free Member

Yeah, I’m not really paying Strava any attention at the moment, it’s just reminding me that I’m slow and unfit, so in a couple of months when my interest is piqued again I suspect I will succumb!

bob_summers

it’s just reminding me that I’m slow and unfit

Me too, makes depressing reading at the moment.

The achievement map doesn’t look too bad at the moment though, almost 60 koms dotted around the Basque Country, a few in the Pyrenees too, but I suspect if I dug deeper they’d be the ones nobody rides.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘strava nerds: achievement map’ is closed to new replies.