Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Strava Jersey's
  • Jaz1979
    Free Member

I finally did a long enough ride to qualify for a Strava Gran Fondo jersey, is Cuoro gear any good? Its not a name i’ve heard before

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Strava Gran Fondo jersey

Why not go the whole hog?

After all,

warton
    Free Member

The first few were Castelli weren’t they? I would imagine the jerseys are overpriced tat tbh

Do you really want to advertise your starva awsumness when you ride?

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

If you want everyone you ever meet to think you’re a bit of a **** then yeah, go for it.

onehundredthidiot

I’d never buy anything from strava again. Bought a rapha rising because it may be the last time I’m able to do it and it took over 9 weeks to come and is pretty cheap tat. Postage to UK is also a con. Although fedex are great. Wasn’t in so driver popped the parcel into local police station because he remembered OH is cid.

Jaz1979
    Free Member

Thanks for that, the pricing was putting me off but having never heard of Cuoro (you live in hope that you might actually get a good product for your money) i’m not going to waste my pennies on tat

mikewsmith
    Free Member

umop3pisdn – Member
    If you want everyone you ever meet to think you’re a bit of a **** then yeah, go for it.

Or it helps see who the dicks are who make judgments based on nothing at all 🙂

I got the July one as it was bright yellow so much better for being seen, looked decent and I actually pushed myself to do it and that will remind me when motivation is low as I rode more in the one day that I had in the previous 6 weeks due to illness and injury.

Fit is good as per the chart, cut is nice for me, got a waterproof phone pocket that takes a Nexus 5. It’s a bit thick for summer but just about right for a cool day. It’s also not overly branded either.

wwaswas

Never mind the Strava thing, it’s the apostrophe in the thread title we should be talking about!

Can’t see an earned Strava jersey being any worse than wearing team kit myself – at least there’s some sort of qualification to owning the Strava stuff.

markrh
    Free Member

**** the mincing haters you earned that jersey , GET IT!

That is as long as it isn’t over priced tat…

😀

jota180
    Free Member

Earned it? 😆

You mean fell for the sales pitch

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Costs about the same as other similar jerseys. Who cares. If you like it get it.

DT78
    Free Member

I got the first one. Mainly because it was the first one. For me it is one of the best quality jerseys I have, and I’ve got quite a few. They are too expensive to buy more, the postage is pretty steep.

It’s a good challenge it means I’ve pushed myself to do a century a month (miles) every month so far.

Really can’t understand the anti strava brigade. It’s an app. I think it’s probably down to jealously of being too fat/slow/lazy to actually pick up any KoMs or smething.

jools182
    Free Member

Thinking that other people are jealous is probably the reason that the anti strava brigade exist

mikewsmith
    Free Member

no the reason the anti strava brigade exist is the same as the reasons for the daily mail existing, or the letter writers to the local paper (Mr. Over Opinionated and Annoyed of Grumpy Lane, HattersWillAlways on Hate)

They feel threatened by things they don’t understand like immigrants or people who park where they normally park, they make sweeping assumptions and generalisation to reassure them that the other people are just awful and have 2 heads.

legend
    Free Member

Don’t think there’s actually any “anti-Strava” in this thread. Plenty of “anti-Strava Jerseys”, but that’s obviously justified as “It’s an app”

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and for the Op

D0NK

If they weren’t so expensive plus daft UK postage I would probably have bought the first one I did, it was xc and a big old ride, felt like I’d earned it 🙂

I guess wearing strava jerseys will be considered sad by some, just as full pro kit will by others, but **** it, we’re grown men who ride bikes for fun, majority of the uk (if not the world) think we’re saddos so all the bitching/infighting isn’t very clever really.

cookeaa

…They feel threatened by things they don’t understand like immigrants or people who park where they normally park, they make sweeping assumptions and generalisation to reassure them that the other people are just awful and have 2 heads.

I’m not really sure being a bit down on Strava make someone a Biggot, Just a bit Focussed on negatives of a particualr business (and it is a business)…

I’m certainly “Pro-Strava” it’s not perfect, but I often suggest to people they might like using it to track riding and running as a training tool, and to see what mates are up to, that social element is a good thing IMO.

But the Special Jersey’s thing is a bit annoying, Obviously you don’t have to buy them, but rather than your graft “Unlocking” the chance to throw more money at branded Tat like some sort of consumer level boss, I’d much prefer it, if they partnered with companies (Especially ones local to users) to offer discounts or vouchers for those who complete challengs…

It seems like they are a bit focussed on building the Strava: Culture / lifestyle / Brand as a bit of an aspirational thing (much like Apple), this will always rub a good number of people up the wrong way, they do run the risk of being seen as a bit separate from the sports they track, just looking for a commercial angle, rather than part of them…

TBH I’d not buy the jersey, you could use the money for something else you really need, but it’s your choice and if you are proud of the achievement and want the world (or other Stravaists) to know then fair enough…

binners

Strava tops? Pfft!

nemesis
    Free Member

I think Strava is great. I’ve also completed some challenges though as an incidental thing rather than as a target – I can motivate myself, thanks…

But I think Strava challenge jerseys are the height of tack (but a great idea from their perspective as there are always people who will buy anything especially if you tell them they have to have ‘earnt’ it) unless maybe they’re for a genuinely tough challenge and even then it rather reminds me of the joke about triathletes.

Q How can you tell if a triathlete has done an ironman?
    A No need, they’ll tell you all about it

Of course, it’s all personal preference 😉

timb34
    Free Member

I can’t justify over $100 for a jersey, even though I think that some of them that I’ve been eligible for look pretty good.

However, I might be tempted by the t-shirt for this one:
    http://www.strava.com/challenges/ride-for-challenged-athletes

It’s the only challenge I’ve seen that actually has some worthy real-world side effects.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Strava Jersey's’ is closed to new replies.